Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Changes...Changes..

"I need a change in my life!", I blurted loudly to H.
And immediately he said "you wanna move to Warsaw is it? We can do so immediately. Tomorrow also can".
Alamak. I quickly had to swallow back what I said. I don't want to be the one making the decision ...especially when it involves his career. I certainly don't want to be blamed later. And I know he doesn't want to take this position. so better to just let him decide. I told him that I am very simple one. A nice home and kids have a school to go to. That's it. That simple.

Anyway, regardless of what H decides...we probably will move at the end of the school year. If not to another country, will be to another house. Our rented abode is getting a bit old and tired. This one spoil. That one spoil. Whilst we were away, had workmen over to fix plumbing and drainage. And the cupboard doors are peeling or falling. Water flow in the master bathroom very unstable - either too hot or too cold. But at least the landlord sends people over for the repairs. I've had friends who had leaking roofs and their landlord avoids their phone calls! Also, the main road outside my house (100 m away) is undergoing some major construction. Traffic has worsen drastically. Don't even dare to venture out into town these days!

Oh yeah. Did I mention a storm brought down a giant tree which landed on my fence and guard house? Now there is like a big hole in the wall. Happened whilst we were away. Thank goodness no one was hurt. The landlord has yet to send someone over to fix the wall.

Speaking of changes.... I spoke to my boys yesterday. Told them about the changes that I am making...to help all of us. Me - so that I maintain my sanity and them - to learn to be more responsible. I will continue to remind them to do their homework etc etc BUT only once, and it is up to them to follow through or not. I will no longer harp about bedtime. I will just say "it's 8.30 am. Time for bed". Up to them to go to bed or not. I will no longer wake them up in the mornings. They have to set their own alarms.
And what do you know?
They came home yesterday and showered immediately. No nagging from me to get into the shower. One reminder to practice their instruments and they got on to it pronto. They went to bed without being asked nor reminded, and this morning, they set their own alarms.
Next, we are going to discuss about their allowances. Just hope all these last!

7 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Good for you!

stay-at-home mum said...

I am so happy for you. I hope it continues.

LittleLamb said...

oh good good..less nagging, less wrinkles on the face... ur boys r growing up. so i hope they have taken the hint n be independent.

Charmaine said...

Good step in the right direction. Hope your boys keep it up and you are less stressed...

NomadicMom said...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - See how long it lasts before we revert back to our shouting episodes.

SAHM - Ditto..

LittleLamb - You do know that laughing also creates wrinkles you know.

Charmaine - Yeah. Need to stop being "mang Chang" all the tine. Really no good for me lah...

jacss said...

wuah...even if it's only at the beginning, it's still too good to believe man :)
i doubt mine would ever do it so willingly!! maybe a little bigger lar
and let us know how long it lasts, **hehe evil laugh**

NomadicMom said...

jacss - we've given boys pocket money/ allowances and we fine them for doing things that are out of line! So far, my younger one fined 20,000 rupiah already. That's about 2.20 usd.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker