Friday, December 03, 2010

Finally. I did win.

People who knows me will know that I am the PIGGIEST of the PIG, and nothing is more important than my beauty SLEEP.
I have been so obsessed to win some eBay auctions that I set my alarm clock to ring at 5.45 am... Yeah. To place my bids!
Normally, this would not be such a big deal as I usually wake the boys up at about 6.05 am for school. But today.. they needn't wake up early as boys were skipping the first few periods for our visit to the local Immigration Office to have our 'Permit to Stay" extended.

Anyway.....changed tactics a little bit. Lost an auction but won 3. The last probably not as interesting to the other bidders. What auction did I win?
(1) 3 Packs of Perfect Pearls Powder - $22.50 (think retail is about $13 each)
(2) Martha Stewart Heat Tool and 6 Embossing Powder - $21.02 (retail price of the heat tool is already $24,)
(3) 6 Packs of Brilliance Inks (each with 4 colours) - $10.49 (retail about $36 I think)
All these were from the same seller. Thus there was some savings in the shipping cost.

Had some additional auctions that I lost as I was at the Immigration Office . The area had really really bad 3G connection. Usually it takes like 5 seconds to register a bid but the connection was sooooooooooo slow that it took more than 2 minutes to register a bid. How to win like that?

Boys went to school directly from the Immigration Office, while H and I took a cab home. Put in another bid in the cab... and won an auction of 112 Inkadinkadoo Clear Stamps at $23.10. There were about 10 packs in there, and with $5 shipping - it works out to be $2.80 per pack...still cheaper than in the shops I guessed. Not that I need more stamps?!? I realised that I have stamps that I had bought but NOT used. They were still untouched in their original packaging. And the stamps I bought were pretty expensive compared to what I just spent on 10 packs. Can't believe I actually spent between $9.99 to &19.99 per pack of stamps! If I had discovered eBay then!!!

All my purchases will be sent to the hotel in Anaheim - we've informed them to expect delivery of packages. Should be okay one lah. Nobody wants to take my scrapbooking stuff ... nor my Psoriasis cream! We actually had 3 iPads delivered to our hotel in New Orleans last July....and they were all safe and sound.

Now I am watching the SLICE ELITE on eBay. The latest winning bid was at $82 with free delivery. I saw that Scrap-n-Crop in Malaysia is selling it at RM 800 (after the RM 50 discount). With USD still just at about RM 3.0-something, $82 is really really cheap if you compare with Malaysian prices. I am still deciding if I wanna get it. The thing is that the Design Card is about $25 to $45 each....unless I just stick to 1 or 2 design cards just for the alphabets. Will see.....

Watching. Watching. Watching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah I drool at your buys. I also won 2 sets of perfect pearl powders but at buy it prices of about 10 dollars each. Do you know KL shops sells each tiny pot for about 20 RM each?? And each pot of embossing powder is always around RM 20 here too. So worth to get sets on ebay.
Your 10 packs of clear stamps also quite cheap. I won 2 auctions of clear stamps before very cheap but they never arrived, sob sob. Had to buy some more from other sellers.
Oh, talking about die cut machines, scrap n scrop got 25% off their cuttlebug today, so i'm ordering it at 450 RM, hope still got stock. But I see in US, can get even cheaper, sigh. Wah, if got stock, I can't wait to play with my first die cut machine during my confinement. Heehee, but this means I have to go back to eBay to buy lots of new dies, cuz they are so expensive to buy in KL.
Hmm, i'm terrible, buy so much scrapbook materials, and get a real thrill looking at the stuff but not producing as much pages as I should. Hahaha, bet it is the same with you.
KL

NomadicMom said...

Eh... I also hope that my stuff is delivered A-OK.
I tracked the delivery and most are already delivered. Whether the goods are as per what I bought AND complete is another thing. Will let you know...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker