Friday, December 17, 2010

Another Jumbled Post - 17 Dec 2010

Donno what has been happening but time seems to just whoooooooooooooooosh past. Now it is coming to the end of 2010....

Last Day of School
Yup. Today is the last day of school for the boys. BUT I told them to just NOT go. We have a plane to catch later this evening, and H said that we ought to leave the house by 4 pm as SURELY the whole of Jakarta will be leaving tonight, and traffic will be a nightmare. (Last day for many International Schools) Since they won't be studying at all today, might as well stay home and NOT chance the traffic. They usually will arrive at 3.30pm from school but if traffic is bad, they might only get home at 4 pm...then they need to have a shower etc etc.
Actually, S1 already missed school on Wed and Thurs... diarrhoea. Donno what sai he ate. Took him to the clinic yesterday...and the doctor wanted his stool sample which he couldn't give. But he's fine this morning.

Speaking of my S1.... I donno if is just bad luck or that he just don't process things in his brain. We both set out to pick S2 from school - on arrival at school, he said he didn't want to come down from the car. Thus he waited with the driver. When I came out, he blurted "we can't get into the car". Guess what happened... Driver was in the bathroom and when he saw the driver, he decided to get out from the car. Didn't bother to wait for the driver to get into the car. Came out and somehow LOCKED the car. So the car was locked with the engine and aircond running. You say lah! What was he thinking? We had to call a cab to get home. Poor driver had to wait for the leasing company to send the spare keys!
I tell you.... I feel like sending him to an ARMY BOOT CAMP to learn to think! Not just always so tidak apa and NOT processing things. Need some TOUGH love here... *sigh*

Baking Baking...
Have been baking quite a bit over the last week.... with orders from friends as well as for the Charity Bake Sale at school. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have so many baking disasters. The blender that I used for processing the sugar grains conked out (wrote about this a few post back), and I had to buy the fine sugar from the shops. Didn't realise that some had additives that made the cakes FUNNY. It was quite a nightmare! But luckily, eventually did manage to find the right type of sugar. Anyway, I turned down two orders this week. Figured that I needed the time to pack etc etc.

For the Charity Bake Sale, I baked both vanilla and chocolate cupcakes - Sent 14 vanilla and 8 chocolate cupcakes for the Bake Sale. Would have sent more if NOT for the "individually wrapped" request from the PTA. Such a bummer to put them in the little boxes.

Vanilla Cupcakes
Chocolate Cupcakes

Left the cupcakes with a PTA mom and then went off to attend S1's Sports Day. Was surprised that there weren't any moms! I guessed the Secondary School kids do NOT want their parents to come?? Well, S1 didn't win in his events. Oh well...

After that, I went to help out in the Cake Stall. Was a bit surprised that they priced my cupcakes at RP 30,000/-. That's about USD 3.30 each. By the time I left, all my cupcakes were sold. Was quite pleased... as was abit worried that there weren't a big crowd on that day.

Porky Lunch
Hosted a very porky lunch at my house last Friday... just had a few angmoh friends over for a Chinese porky meal. I have been saying that I will cook a porky meal for many moons. So decided to have one and get over and done with. What's on the menu?
Roast Pork, Fried Udon Hokkien Style, Fried Vegetarian Beehoon, Vegetarian Curry, Pork Spring Rolls, Vegetarian Spring Rolls, Coca-Cola Chicken Wings and Fried Gyoza. Cut fruits for dessert. The Vegetarian stuff was because I had a vegetarian friend over...
As it was a porky lunch...my friend said to take a photo and scrap it. The title of the page would be "Put a Pork on your Fork!" hahahahha


Porky Spread

Christmas Concert
As per last year, S2 participated in the school's Christmas Concert on Wednesday. I tell you ...this fellow is another irresponsible and tidak apa boy. I had to email his teacher to ask if he is taking part... I was supposed to receive a consent form in November through S2, which I did not! The teacher had to email it to me, and I only signed and sent it on Tuesday. Yeah. A day before the concert! When it was supposed to be handed-in in November!!
Even on Tuesday night...when I told him to pack his flute and his concert attire, he still said that he didn't know if he was playing in the concert! PENGSAN!!!!

The Primary Orchestra
(I need a terrer ZOOOOOOOM lens!)

Yeah. I know... cannot see anything. What to do? My lens on my DSLR is the normal one.
They only played 2 miserable songs. And I mean the tunes sounded miserable. H said that it sounded like "New Orleans Funerals". Hahahha...
Two hour concert but my S2 was only on stage for 5 minutes. H was like "ah?? Just that?" ...cause I rushed him from his meeting with his clients. Hehehehe
Okay...better go check what else to pack....

2 comments:

Selba said...

Rp. 30.000 for a cupcake! Sold out! Yay! You definitely deserved it :D

NomadicMom said...

Selba - it was for charity....otherwise, Think 30,000 rp is a bit steep for Jakarta.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker