Friday, November 10, 2006

Some Updates...

Maids
New maid, i.e Maid-A worked only five days, and cabut on Monday... but thankfully, Maid-Y came back to work on Wednesday morning after her week-long unpaid leave. So, am asking around to get another maid. People commented that my blog is always about maids...but what to do?? They are such a hassle. Can't live with them, and can't live without them. In Malaysia, you complain complain also same maid, so got limited things to complain after awhile. But here, ppl change maids like change underwear (as my friend mentioned today...) so always got something new to talk about one. As it is, I have two other friends who have maid problems. One has a maid that forever does disappearing acts, and another friend has a "siew cheh" maid that decided that she didn't want to work yesterday... So, I think the Maid topic will remain for awhile lah....

Why I need two maids?? With one maid ah..things not perfect also cannot exactly scold the maid. With two maids, at least can expect some perfection lah... maybe not perfection, but at least I can ask the question "why this toilet not clean??". With one maid, she can say "got to do other things blah blah blah". So, I don't bother to ask lah. Oh yeah... I fought with the maid agent. I went there to get a maid, and he was giving me hassle and being arrogant and all...say what I pay the maids won't be enough. Think just because I foreigner am gullible meh?? I am not ang moh, okay?? Also, the maids that he has also like so tarik harga. So, fai-see ler. Also don't want to get maids that work for ang moh one. They are damn spoilt ones, and probably very cin-cai too because ang moh never have maids before, so damn happy that got somebody to do their housework for them, so they don't care one. For me? WHere can?? I got colour coded pails and brooms for inside and outside of house, for kitchen etc. Different mops etc. Also different pails for floor and tables etc etc. Work for ang-moh one sure campur everything in one pail. I will faint lah!! ... Anyway, the search for another maid continues...


Melbourne Cup
I went to my first Melbourne Cup Charity Brunch on Tuesday. Yup! Did wear a hat! Bought the hat really really last minute. Bought it on Monday. Wanted to buy on Saturday, but H said it was ugly lah etc etc...but cannot find lah. So, die-die also have to go and buy the most decent looking one. I improvised a bit lah. I tore out the thingy that was stuck on the hat (have to say it was kinda ugly. Think it's supposed to be a flower but don't look like it), bought a ribbon from the giftshop and a fabric rose brooch and pin in on my hat... ..looks kinda decent, right. Won some money too... horse got second place, but the money won only cover the $$ I spent on buying the sweeps...better than nothing ler. Oh..btw, the horse was named "Pop Rock". It was no where in sight...only accelerated towards the last 50 metres or so. ... Anyway, it was like drink drink drink and eat eat eat... Have to say that I was a little bit zonked out when I got home a little after 3 pm. Thought I would still beat the school bus...but guard said S2 already home. Gave him permission to play his game (omigod!! Bad mommy!! On a weekday!!) and I slept during my massage (got the lady to come round to the house)... Felt better after the little nap!! And guess what? After dinner, I got boys to do their homework, and I was like doing something around the house lah...then S2 was calling out for me to help with some work, and then he comment "hello? you have to help us with our work, you know...not just stay at home and drink champagne all day!!".. Waliow!! Let my 6 year old scold!!

Handbags
Here are the pictures of my two new handbags...aiya... when I upload forgot to rotate...too lazy lah.









Birthday Parties
Over here...ppl are BIG on children's parties!! Some are very very elaborate. Went to a very "loong choong" birthday party for a 7 year old girl some weeks back. It was in the ballroom of a hotel. I've heard stories of children's loong choong parties held in hotels, but never been to one until now. At the entrance of the ballroom, got reception table for you to sign in lor, and then they have this HUGE styrofoam cut-out of birthday girl's name in Lilo/Stitch theme. Didn't take photo of this because like very samm-pah lah... the ones inside the ballroom can take because pretend to be taking picture of my son maa... The stage back-drop also very loong-choong, right? And have ppl dressed up as Lilo and Stitch some more... Cut cake on the stage lah..like wedding like that. Also got acrobatics of sorts. Hope my sons not gonna request such elaborate parties!!! S1 won't lah, but S2 forever changing one. One day want Swimming Party lah, another day, Star Wars Party, another day Mini-Golf Party, another day Bowling Party...etc etc.. Whatever it is, it's not going to be in a ballroom of a hotel lah!!

2 comments:

Oscar's Mommy said...

aiyoh maid problem again! your are right, cant' live with them & can't live without them! so, i've decided to scrap my idea of getting one ledi. eh, nice la can get ppl to come yr house for massage. here i can oni get my beautician to come to my house, that also she charge extra!

Anonymous said...

wah i live like 10 mins from the racecourse for the past 5 years also never had anything to do with Melbourne Cup. U the very the high-class lah...

Nvm nvm, next year I'll aim to go!

v

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker