Friday, September 19, 2008

Thai Night

Decided that today was to be Thai Night.

Basically, it just simply means that we are eating Thai food for dinner. Home-cooked, that is. 
Did I hear you ask "Who cooked? Maid or you?".
Of course I did.

Here's what I whipped up.

Khao Kapit (Belacan Fried Rice)
Moo Wan (Sweet Pork)
Kaeng Kiaw Wann Kai (Green Curry with Chicken)
Tod Mun Pla (Fried Fish Cakes)
Tom Yum Koong (Prawn Tom Yum)
Phak Phad (Fried Vegetables)
Khao Niew Mamuang (Mango Sticky Rice)

Didn't take photo. I should have!!! But then again, my dishes have no fancy decoration so nothing much to see either.
Boys absolutely could not take any spicy-ness.  So they only had the Khao Kapit, Moo Wan, Tod Mun Pla and the Phak Phad....plus the Khao Niew Mamuang.  |When I made the Tod Mun Pla, I had to divide the fish paste into two portions - one with, and one without the curry paste. Did make the vinegar sauce to go with the fish cakes, but seems like nobody used the dip other than myself. 

Everything was quite tasty....(if I must say so myself, :-D ).
Actually, when I cook, I don't feel like eating. So dinner today not really that enjoyable...not because my cooking sucks. It's just that after all the cooking, tasting, smelling etc...come dinner time, really like soooooo full already. 

So how like that? 
If I cook, I don't feel like eating. 
If I don't cook, we don't get to eat a variety of foods (at home, I mean. Eating out doesn't count). 
How like that?



8 comments:

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

waaaaaaah nice nice .. but i still prefer "kheng som" southern part one :)

sigh .. must plan a trip back to bangkok/hatyai to makan their local food :)

sting said...

wow! that's quite a lot of dishes, no? but sounds so yummy, all my fav that food :-)

Anonymous said...

heheheh..i know what you mean. After cooking, like "makan-ed" all the food/fumes.. so pao-pao after that!

but ..nvm, next time u cook thai, invite me la...i eat anything hot and fiery! I no fear!

WEKEKEKEKEK

Anonymous said...

nvm lor...then u can cook and not eat much, then soon in time, you'll be the Domestic GodDESS, cook super well and look like those "footballer's wives" hahahaha'

v

NomadicMom said...

Misha' Mum - What is "kheng som"? Sour curry?

Sting - All quite easy to make except for the fish cake need more steps.

Mott - You so far away....by the time you arrive, also not nice liow.

V - I donno how footballers' wives look like lah.

slavemom said...

U can try cooking much earlier. Shld be hungry (the tasting n smelling wud hv been 'digested') by dinner time. hehehe

2xMum said...

Waa... a lot of dishes leh.

No appetite to eat? Nevermind, it helps you not to pile up extra weight... heheh!

NomadicMom said...

Slavemom - Cooking much earlier then the foods not piping hot wor....Reheating NOT so yummy liow.

Wonderful Life - That's true. That's the only consolation.....

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker