Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Updates - 23 Sept 2008

Looks like I've not been very hardworking with my posting lately......collating everything under "Updates".
Aiya...better than nothing. Right?

Painting Class
Started on my painting class yesterday. Actually wanted to do it much earlier but didn't want to join a class full of strangers. Class is conducted by a local artist at one of the student's apartment in town. There are 5 students in the class, which is just the right number. Not too crowded, yet not too quiet.
As I had previously painted in Bangkok and KL, I had to bring some of my work to show the teacher in order for him to have a rough idea of my capabilities. :-)
Brought a half-done acrylic painting of water lilies to be corrected....had to re-do the flowers with oils now. Took 3 hours just to paint over two flowers. Next thing would be the lily pads... then the water. Still lots to do. 
Will post a photo when the painting looks a little more presentable. At its present state, it is somewhat a disgrace. :-D

Greedy-Pigs
I remember I used to be able to eat alot at buffets. Alot as in able to eat my money's worth. (What to do? Kiasu mentality what) But these days....find that I can't really stuff myself anymore. Do you think that there's anything to do with age? 
I remember piling my plates high with food, and have multiple servings too!
Those were the good 'ole days!
These days....really can't eat that much. Went to the Four Seasons for Sunday Brunch...didn't eat that much, yet felt sooooooo bloated after the meal. So sann-foo/ sing-kor. Pay so much for torture! 
Worse. Don't eat that much, yet pile on the kilos much faster than ever.
Is age really a factor???

US Trip
Still have not booked our NY hotels. Still waiting for last minute deals. The room rates are really so ridiculously high. Even ciapalak 1* hotels are over USD 200. H kept on reassuring me that he will SORT it out, and to leave the booking to him. So...leave to him lor.
Was hoping to meet up with KC in SF, but the weekend we are there, he will be in Boston. 
*sigh*...next time, I guessed.
But definitely will meet up with HT. 

Bowling
We (H and I) have been going bowling lately. As we didn't want boys to come along, we had to smuggle out our bowling balls from the house. Heee heee... 
Aiya...don't want boys to come along as they always fight and do all sorts, and we end up screaming at them rather than enjoying our game. :-D
Am not very consistent with my game....score ranged from a low of 116 to a high of 195. H was more consistent. Hovering around 178 - 189. 
He was like egging me to go bowling again yesterday....to try to achieve a score of 200. 
But was suffering from dizzy spells ....thus gave it a miss. 
Perhaps we'll go tomorrow....

Later....

4 comments:

slavemom said...

Definitely something to do with age. The stomach cannot digest so well like when we're in our (early) 20s. Metabolism rate's lower too. kekeke

LHS said...

wow, your life so fulfilling there!haha...even have to smuggle out the bowling balls!

Anonymous said...

wahhhh nowadays u guys really go pak-thor-logy and soon all the way to NY,,good la...

NomadicMom said...

Slavemom - Tell me about it. If I eat too much, my stomach cannot digest. Sometimes get so bad that I have to go kneel at the Porcelain throne!!

Huisia - Of course have to find things to keep occupied. Otherwise sure gila one leh.

Laundryamah - Boys big liow ma... so can afford to pak-thor a little bit more lah.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker