Friday, July 03, 2009

Some Updates - 3 July 2009

Now some updates on other stuff!!! 

Start of Summer Holidays
Today is the boys' LAST day at school, and the start of a very long summer holiday. They only go back to school on the 24th of August. That's about 7 weeks! I urgently need some tips on HOW to keep them occupied...OUTSIDE the realm of TV, computer and handheld games!

Going back to KUL
Yes. We will be flying back to Kuala Lumpur next Tuesday, on AirAsia (What else? It's so much cheaper than KLM and MAS!). This time we are staying longer than previous holidays, till a week before school reopens.
Why?
First - have to sort out S2's oral surgery...to remove the two extra front teeth inside his gums. Secondly -  I am going ahead to do my Lasik in early August. What to do? Have to reduce this blind-as-a-bat condition. 

Cupcakes...
Been busy since coming back from HCMC. My girlfriend ordered 50 cupcakes for her daughter's birthday for last Friday, and then H's colleagues ordered some as well. And this weekend, I don't know if my H used coercion or what.... but I have an order for a 100 cupcakes for his office. I don't know whether to be glad or otherwise. It is alot of work with NO maid. H said he will DO IT. I shall see..... 
Mmmmm.....

Parties Parties Parties
Children's Parties are also the norm towards the year-end (School Year). Birthdays that fall during the summer months of July and August are usually packed into the last week of JUNE. The latest "terrer-menerrer" party that we attended was for S2's friend. They booked the WHOLE premiere cinema for TRANSFORMERS 2. 
Yes. The ones where you can recline the seats, have your own blanket and can order drinks... S1 was also invited. So initially, we were supposed to drop the boys off. But as there were still seats, both H and I watched as well.  I tell you... I am sure they spend $$$$ on this party. The kids were treated to lunch at Fish&Co, and then each of them had a BIG bucket of popcorn and drinks in the TRANSFORMERS 2 Packaging (which comes with a miniature figurine), served inside the theatre. H had few glasses of red wine... I'm sure the other parents ordered some alcohol too... Then there is the goodie bags, which consisted of sweets, a tinned box of Pokemon Cards, a little bag and some other stuff....  
I definitely do NOT see myself spending this kind of money for my son's birthday party!!!
SONS - If you are reading this. GOOD. Mommy is not spending this kind of money!!!

Diving
When H suggested our Bali DIVE holiday, I was abit skeptical as we haven't dived for ages.
Heck. I don't even remember how to SINK!!!
So, a REFRESHER course was arranged for last Saturday. We got the kids to go along with us, and do the INTRODUCTORY DIVING. Both boys enjoyed the activity, and want to continue with getting certification. Problem is.....S2 just CANNOT follow instructions. The instructor suggested to wait till he is 10. As for S1, I have talked to his friend's mom. Maybe the two boys can do it together. We'll see....
Back to H and I. I tell you... it is d@Mn difficult to LAUGH underwater. H had forgotten most of the hand signals and exercise. Whilst I knew what we had to do, H kept repeating the same mistake. And you could see the instructor (his colleague) desperately trying to communicate with H underwater. Very comical....

Okay lah...later..



10 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

WOW, you can bake 100 cupcakes w/o any help from maid and hv 2 boys to look after!
BTW, where in KL are you staying at?

Kit said...

7 weeks??? No wonder my Mum friends are all quiet during the summer holidays hahaha

I've got one and a half weeks at home with the tot before we go back. Already planning our 'quality time' together which will probably be outings and eating out.

No cooking for Mummy yayyyyyyy

wen said...

so plans only!!! hope u have a safe and great holiday and also safe LASIK with perfect vision!

Big Pumpkin said...

We must have a bloggers meet! Your H really gonna bake cupcakes with you??? 100 you know, hahahaha......OK la...make him bake :-)

Where you gonna do your lasik?

LZmommy said...

Looks like you have plans for the kids :) And yourself too :)

Baking 100 cupcakes?! Wow! Salute you! :)

Irene said...

bzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbzbz!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Sounds like you're having a heck of a time!!!! Travelling and all :) I've been following your blog via Google Reader but unable to comment to office firewall. Wanted to recommend a really nice villa in Bali :)

cre8tone said...

Wow!!!!! Great holidays~~~ So many plans...

NomadicMom said...

Health Freak Mommy - My boys so besar already. No need to look after one.
I stay with my mom in PJ...

Kittycat - Ya. D@mn long. At least I don't have to be worrying about my boys' meals. The grandparents around maaa...hahahaha

Wen - Ya. Hope all goes well with the Lasik...in Aug

Big Pumpkin - Sure. Sure... to the Bloggers Meet.
As for baking...when I woke up on Sunday, H already put one batch into the oven, and was ready to make the second batch. Heheheeh

LZMommy - Not that many to bake...since H baked too....

Irene - Not too bad lah. At least no need to worry about laundry, house-cleaning, cooking etc...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - AIya... I booked liow wor...and cannot cancel liow

Little Prince's Mummy - Will see how our plans go....

slavemom said...

So cool to go diving together as a couple. I dun think we dare to do this kind of activity.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker