Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Updates - Wed, 29 July 2009

Yes. Yes. I know that I have not updated my blog for awhile. Have been away and also had been lazy...amongst other things.

Twosome in Bali
I flew to Bali on Friday, 17th July to meet up with H. His flight was about half an hour earlier than mine. We stayed a total of five nights. I tell you.... five nights is certainly NOT enough. I didn't have enough time to laze on the beach nor to enjoy my customary beach Bale massage. Diving already took two full days... and golfing another day. And then there's the looooooong drives between locations. More about Bali in a separate post.

Bangkok - City of Angels
Spent two nights in Bangkok with Laundryamah. We left on Friday, 24th July and returned on Sunday, 26th July. All we did was SHOP and SHOP and SHOP. We stayed at the Citadines Apart'otels on Sukhumvit Soi 8. Not bad for the price we paid. They have a few other locations along Sukhumvit too. Laundryamah says she will stay there again next time. Not sure if she took photos of the room.
Read here for Part 1 of our trip....and will post more later.

Cupcakes Cupcakes
Yes. We did bake cupcakes for my niece's Full Moon. Not 100 but 125!!! Not only that... we had to bake in UNKNOWN territories....my sister's kitchen. We were quite chaotic with this and that not available. Not found etc etc....
At the end of the baking session, we had cupcakes coming out of our ears!!!
Go here to see a small portion of the cupcakes...

REAL Vacation...
For the boys! All they do is veg out in front of the TV or computer screen. I've not signed them up for any holiday Mandarin lessons this holiday. The only thing that I've signed them up is the technology workshop at BV. They go there every weekday from 4 pm to 6 pm. What they do there? I really don't know...but I think different days they do different things like engineering, games, etc etc....

H Away
Not that H is with us in Malaysia anyway.... He's currently in Boston. Doing some course thingy at MIT. Told him to check-out the KITCHEN AID for me....since it is much much cheaper in the States. But he said probably NO time. Bleah....
NO time to look for my KITCHEN AID but got time to buy his Blackberry!
Really...donno why he needs soooooooooooooooooo many phones! If he fiddles me more than his phones ah... I win lottery already!!!!

Medical Stuff
Okay. Not exactly medical... But S2 will undergo surgery this Friday, 31st July to remove the two impacted teeth in his gums. These two teeth are EXTRAS above his two front teeth. Gonna do it at Gleneagles in Ampang. Gotta be there very very early in the morning. It will be a 1.5 hr surgery. Day only...so no need overnight stay.
As for my Lasik, it's scheduled for next Friday, 7th August. So....am wearing my glasses full time in preparation. Have to say that I am not very used to very my glasses the whole day....makes me tired so very quickly.

Okay. Gonna stop now. Tired liow...Continue tomorrow...

3 comments:

wen said...

so much shopping and good holidays! good luck in ur LASIK.

Leena said...

Wah, sounds like you're having a smashing goooood time.. Have fun!

NomadicMom said...

Wen - 2 more days...to Lasik

Shern's mom - Okay ler...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker