Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Flew Back on Sunday....

Boys and I flew back from LCCT-KUL on Sunday (16 August) evening. I thought we were taking the 2 pm flight, but when I took out the printed details, the flight was actually at 7 pm. So duh-duh. But this later flight allowed for a Bak Kut Teh meal... not in Klang but better than nothing lah.

Our AirAsia flight was delayed by an hour. Though we had some snacks at the airport, we still had to purchase the inflight meals. My nasi lemak was only so-so. S1 had Mamee cup noodles and S2 had the lasagne. They were rather hungry....gasak everything. They had McDonald's on arrival too!

Monday's a public holiday here....National Day. We started off the day with brunch at Social House. S1 had the Breakfast Set which comprised of Smoked Salmon Bagel with Cream Cheese, Bamboloni (Italian Donuts) with 3 different Spreads and Orange Juice. S2 had a 4 cheese pizza and I shared a Lamb Shank with H. The food was yummy....as always. I don't know if S1 must have really enjoyed his meal or what...but he was feeling rather generous, and wanted to treat us to a movie. Not any ordinary seat but the PREMIUM SEATS for all of us. WOW!! Not like him.... So we proceeded to the cinema to check out the schedule for ....

Unfortunately, the PREMIUM cinema was not showing G.I.Joe... so opted fo the normal seats instead. And you know what my S2 said?
"Not fair. These are not even PREMIUM seats!". I then replied "complain some more... wait kor-kor don't want to pay for your ticket!" Don't you think this guy is TOOOO much??

I didn't know that G.I.Joe was a GROUP of soldiers. I always thought it was just ONE man. A G.I. named Joe. That shows how blurr I am....

Anyway, I still don't have a full-time maid. Was talking to my part-timer yesterday...telling her that I would need her to come 3 times a week until Raya holidays. Thereafter, she needn't come in anymore as I would require a full-time maid. She then asked how much if I was paying...and she said that she wants to work for me full-time then. Her contract at some food stall would have ended then, and she could start work in October. Had to ask if she was willing to handle pork. She misunderstood and told me that she can't eat it. ALAMAK! I didn't ask her to eat maaaaa... just handle and cook. So far, her cleaning is so-so only lah. But think she will be less of a problem than my previous maid as she seems more intelligent and relatively quiet. Will see how lah.

As for my eyes (10 days Post-Lasik)...vision is better. But fluctuates from soooooo clear to a bit misty. I supposed sometimes might be due to DRY SPOTS. When I went to check my eyes on Saturday (15th Aug), I'm told there were quite a lot of dry spots in the lower side of my flaps. Doc said probably because I sleep with slightly open eyes (scary!!) and prescribed some lubricant in the form of ointment. He also mentioned that vision will be fluctuating for at least 3-6 months...before it stabilises. I'm still counting days to the day when my vision is crystal clear ......

7 comments:

wen said...

i didnt know gotta wait so long for clear vision.... sleep with eyes slightly open???
take care hor

Anonymous said...

maybe your eyes too big, your lids not big enough to cover your eyeballs. Hhahahahahaha


g

laundryamah said...

eh if vision is not crystal clear no need to wear glasses?? ayoo,,vision is soooo important...me got to make my reading glasses but i doubt i'll be using them,,

NomadicMom said...

Wen - Some people have INSTANT clear vision though... donno why mine like that lor. :-(

G - So bad lah you.

Laundryamah - I can see though... like go out, I can read the signboards. I can watch movie. Just not CLEAR CLEAR... Don't really need glasses lah.

Kit said...

Wah...your S1 is generous. I think S2's reaction is normal-lah. If my elder sister offered to treat me to PREMIUM SEATS, I'll ask make sure I get PREMIUM SEATS hahaha

Hey...I heard the Lasik reaction is really up to individual. I think yours is pretty good already as you don't need glasses to watch a movie.

One of my former colleagues still needed a pair at 200 power even after the Lasik. She was soooo disappointed esp as another colleague got perfect vision.

Eat more carrots or foods with vitamin D? Maybe it'll boost the eyes into action. I always get my vit D dose...ahem, ahem 20/20 vision here LOL

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Great to hear about improvements in your eyes :)

NomadicMom said...

Kittycat - Can watch movies lah...but can't really read the subtitles though. So donno lah.. but day to day stuff, I can see without any glasses lah. Good enuff lor hor.

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - Thanks!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker