Monday, August 24, 2009

Twosome in Bali - Part 2

This is a continuation from Part 1.
Sunday (19th July) was another looooooong day with loooooooong drives. We checked-out from the hotel at Lovina early in the morning, and headed EAST towards Tulamben. Our next dive destination....to explore the USS Liberty wreck from WWII.

Our very bumpy ride took us through Balinese villages...and needless to say, wafts of BUMBU BALI (Bali Spices) was repeated detected by my very sensitive nose. I was careful NOT to overeat at breakfast this time.
One of the magnificent sights was of course, MOUNT AGUNG....tallest mountain in Bali, which is also a volcano....
Majestic Mount Agung
Driver was kind enough to stop the bumpy van for a photoshoot.
Entry into the waters at Tulamben was from the beach!!! And what a rocky beach indeed!

Look at those ROCKS!!!

So can you imagine me all geared up with the HEAVY air tanks, and then walking towards the water??? First dive, was okay.... Second dive, I fell HARD on those rocks. My knee sure hurt d@nn alot!!!!

First dive was great. Saw loads of fishes and sea creatures. But if you ask me exactly what type.....Errrr. I donno lah. Fish lor. Forgot liow. I know. I know. Terrible. I was so blurr. At one time, this guy was pointing down and showing some hand gestures to me. I looked down, and then thought to myself "where got optopus??"...and when we surfaced, he asked "did you see the guns??" (USS Liberty is a warship). Hahahhahahahahaahh

I am still not very stable. Either I SINK or I am soooo buoyant that I kept going UP. H's friend kept tugging me down. The whole time, he was guiding me, and holding my hand. H joked "my wife romantic with him...NOT me!". Hahhahahahaha

I tell you... I am certainly NOT a HARDCORE diver. Recreational diving is fun... but 3 dives in a day is definitely TOO many, and certainly NOT fun anymore. As I mentioned, I made sure I didn't eat ANYTHING for lunch....but still, my second dive ...I felt kinda sick in the water. I was going to signal PROBLEM already, but then felt better so continued. Even then, on surfacing after the second dive, I PUKED again. Didn't eat much that day...so PUKED water only lor. H said that he didn't realise that my motion sickness was soooo bad. Anyway, I decided that I wasn't gonna go for the 3rd dive. So lounged about and waited for the rest of the group....

Some photos while waiting..

Look at the VERY BLUE SKIES of Bali
Don't you think it's sooooo wonderful to see such BLUE and CLEAR skies???

Taking Photo of a ROCK??
Seriously...donno what this guy is doing!!!


Scene of the Tulamben Beach
Taken while lounging under a tree...


In future, I don't think I'm gonna DIVE DIVE DIVE the whole day during a holiday. Will find a resort at the dive site, so that after a dive, can go back to hotel, relax, have a foot massage. Next day, then dive again. NOT have THREE dives a day!

At the end of the day, we took our bags and headed towards UBUD. Looking for our resort was also a challenge. Thank goodness, one of our fellow divers were in the car with us (he was en-route to Kuta) and he managed to get better directions from the resort staff. By the time we arrived, it was about 7.30 pm already. A quick registration at the resort lobby, and then we headed off to the restaurant for dinner. I was quite famished.
My Welcome Drink
Donno what it is....tasted weird. Not Pandan! I drank it all though. Figured that it's GREEN. So must be healthy.
After dinner, we were transferred to our Villa.... It was kinda dark, and I couldn't really see anything. On entering the Villa's grounds, H commented "Hey. There's a pool"....I just replied "must be shared with other villas" as I booked a GARDEN Villa and NOT a POOL Villa.

After all the bags and stuff are dumped in our Villa, I went out to have a better look-see....and sure enough. The POOL was for our Villa! Mmmmmm......

When we were getting into bed, we realised that there were NO duvets...so called the Front Desk to request for one...and while I was at it, I asked them about the POOL in our Villa. I certainly don't want to be charged for a POOL Villa on check-out. The response was "You have been Pre-UPGRADED".
HOOOOORAY!!! An Upgrade! Isn't that lovely.


Four Poster Bed in the Bedroom


The rest of the photos were taken the next morning...when it was bright and clear!
This was what greeted us in the morning..
View from our Villa Balcony


Path leading to Our Villa


Steps leading to our Pool
Check-out the flowers on the steps!!!

Our Private Pool.... Nope! We didn't even set foot in it. So cold. Brrrrrrrrr....

Our Private Cabana
Living Room

View of Living from the Bedroom

Outdoor Shower
Sounds very nice but then if you do it for your house...it's abit scary lor.

Jungle in the Bathroom!!!!
Bathtub

DRYING our Diving Gear....
Main Pool at the Resort


Terraced Rice Paddies at the Resort

One of the many Statues at the Resort

You would have thought that with the upgrade, we would have utilised the facilities FULLY. But instead, H and I checked-out at 10 am (we only stayed one night here), and headed to UBUD town in search of FOOD. Yes....not long after breakfast at the hotel, which was not that good. Overall the resort is quite NICE (give us Upgrade...of course must say NICE!!! Hahhahah). It's situated on the same road as all the other nice nice fancy smancy hotels like Four Seasons Sayan, Como Shambala, Kupu Kupu Barong, Mansions and so-on...

What did we eat at UBUD? What else but more BABI GULING ...this time from the famous IBU OKA stall in the center of town...which we went with our boys last year. With a full stomach, we ventured around town abit, visited the markets, and then did some window shopping.... was amazed to see a religious procession taking place....this is what I like about Bali. It's so RICH culturally. I would love to upload the video clip but it would take tooooooo long. So maybe next post.

2 comments:

mott said...

yummmmm ibu oka........

u did not step into the pool/???

ADOIIIIII wasted!

but, one night only, guess, it'd be a huge rush!

Eh..I aso thought GI Joe was ONE soldier. u not the only blur one. Plus, I thot their movie tagline was abit stupid la...

Go watch District 9. Awesome movie. but lots of blood and gore la...

NomadicMom said...

Mott - Yer...Brrrrrr so cold leh. I did try to jump in. But chicken out!!!
What's GI Joe's tagline...
District 9? Okay...will go watch.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker