Monday, August 10, 2009

Twosome in Bali - Part 1

As previously mentioned, H and I went on a twosome holiday to Bali. Read on the looooong planning on where to stay here.


Our trip started separately on Friday, 17th July. H flew from Jakarta and I flew from KUL-LCCT. Our flights arrived at Denpasar about 30 minutes apart. H's first. As the queue at the International terminal was mega long, H had a longer wait. By the time we departed from the airport in our pre-book car, it was almost 3 pm already. The journey to Lovina was quite a long one.....especially so when we had NO lunch nor drink. But we did stop by some mountain-resort for a quick bite. What did I have? Nasi Goreng...as can't go wrong with this.

By the time we reached our hotel at Lovina, it was already 6.30 PM. A quick shower, a rest....and it was dinnertime already. Where were we booked in?


The Dive company had booked us into The Sunari Villas and Spa Resort. As we were going to be diving most of the time, we were in the standard rooms. For about USD 60/ nite including breakfast, it's quite alright...but we didn't use any of the facilities, as the next morning, we were out of the hotel by 7.30 am.


Saturday (18th July) was a FULL day of diving at Menjangan Island, on the northeastearn tip of Bali Island. The drive from Lovina took almost 2 hours...on a bumpy van. The divemaster stopped halfway to buy Babi Guling.... and of course, we did too.




Bali Guling...still so warm and moist!

The Pura near Menjangan Island

We had to take a boat out to the dive sites..

Did we go out to the dive sites in luxury ?

In this?
Or this?
NOPE!!!!!
We had to go on these rickety-boats!!!
On the ride out...the guys started munching on their Babi Guling... I was rather cautious...didn't want to be too stuffed before a dive. So only nibble on two small pieces of meat. It was really yummy. So moist and tender!!
First dive was pretty good... and then an hour of rest and lunch. Again, I was cautious about being stuffed....and decided to go without lunch before my second dive.
On completion of second dive...still in the water... my breakfast and Babi Guling ALL came out!!!! Aduh! Felt soooo yucky. Decided to NOT go for the third dive. H and the rest went down. I stayed onboard and slept! A bit uncomfortable, but nevetheless I could still sleep. Felt sooooo much better thereafter. And another looooooong bumpy ride back to Lovina in the van. Think it was almost 7 pm when we reached the hotel. Shower, dinner and time for bed...another EARLY day tomorrow...
To be continued...(eyes very tired liow...)


6 comments:

MeRy said...

Nice holiday trip..

slavemom said...

Swimming/diving amidst own vomit... eeee.... I wouldn't wanna experience that. Hope u had better days after that. :)

bp said...

haha, at least it wasn't the sampan! woohoo, u n your diving, i always think that's so cool... but next time go easy on the food, yah.

NomadicMom said...

MeRy - But it's too short...thus very very rush.

Slavemom - This seems to be quite the norm for me these days. I think I will have to take motion sickness pills before I dive next time lah.

BP - Don't think it's really the food lah. Probably just my motion sickness lah..

Kit said...

Mmm...the "babi guling" sounds really good! The only thing I like about pork is that it can be roasted LOL

Sigh, I wonder when I'll be able to learn how to dive. Was supposed to go sign up for a course when the boy showed up in 2 lines...

NomadicMom said...

Kittycat - I take it you are NOT a fan of pork!!!
BTW, think your TWO lines will give you more joy and excitement than diving!! ahhahahaha

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker