Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Twosome in Bali - Part 3

Yes. Yes. Seems like I am very long-winded with so many posts for my recent Bali Trip. What to do? Getting old....so naturally more "cheong hei".

Trip Planning, Part 1, Part 2.

BTW, I did try to upload the religious procession video...but it took tooooo long.

We walked all the way to Bebek Bengil from the center of town. Quite a distance, man!


If you ask me...it's nothing to shout about. I think the Fried Duck that I had the night before at the resort was waaaaaaay better. After our meal, we headed back to the resort to grab our bags, and head out to Tuban.... which will be our base for the next two nights.


The Holiday Inn here is quite nice...very modern, cool and hip. The only problem is that the rooms are waaaaaaay too small.....especially for Asia. We were told at the Front Desk that we were given an upgrade. I was like "waaaah...another upgrade". But when I opened the door into the bedroom...I told H "I wonder what were we supposed to be in before the upgrade. A shoebox?"... Don't get me wrong...the room is nicely decorated and well-equipped with LCD TV, and all the works. It's just that it is so cramped up (especially for USD 149 per nite with NO breakfast!!!....Compare this with my upgraded Pool Villa at USD 150 which includes breakfast). Perhaps their family-sized rooms are much better....

Anyway, after we've sorted out our luggage in the room, we headed out to Kuta. We walked by the beach which was much closer ....and stopped for a drink at a new place Oceans 27 over at the Kartika Discovery Mall. Thought this place is kinda cool.....

Have to take-off our slippers/flips-flops before we take our seats....

H and I playing footsie???

Beach View from this drinking joint....

Views from where we are sitting...

After that, went off to Kuta for bikini shopping, jalan-jalan...and then more drinking by the beach watching the sunset .... this time at Ma Joly over at the Kupu Kupu Barong Resort.

Can see my "Tai Koh Kar"???

Nice pic?

The following day (Tuesday, 21st July), we had a round of golf with one of H's retired ex-bosses and his wife....at New Kuta Golf at Pecatu. It's bad enough that I haven't played nor practise at the driving range for YONKS...but to play at a Golf Links???? Waliow! Winds were sooooo strong! But I have to say the view over the ocean was pretty magnificent.


The first nine - I played really really badly . Almost got into a fight with H. Errr...actually, we did sort of fight. Yes. Over golf! The second nine...I played much better. More controlled. Thus, I have not given up golf. Hahahah.

After our golf game, we headed to the ex-bosses' villa (which is situated in the Golf Course) for a drink and then headed off to Jimbaran Bay for a seafood dinner. Funny that we have not been to Jimbaran for seafood eventhough we have been to Bali many times.....and this place is indeed great. Great ambience and food is good too.

Wednesday (22nd July) - couldn't do much. After breakfast, lounged abit by the pool and beach (H was on the phone the WHOLE TIME!) and then it was time to head to the airport to catch our respective flights...which was about 40 minutes apart. H sent me off to the International terminal and he headed to the domestic one.....

I told H that five days is waaaaaaay too short. Didn't even manage to have a massage on the beach bale! How Can???? Now I understand why some of my friends come to Bali for one to two weeks each time!!!!

3 comments:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

I loved the layout of the bales in Bebek Benggil. Did you go for dinner? It's really romantic although you'll be feeding the mozzies! I can't wait till my kids are as old as yours so that I can dump them behind hahahhaha

wen said...

wah, very geng leh, play gold and scuba dive!!

we stayed in ramayana resort which was not bad. didnt know holiday inn has small rooms!

NomadicMom said...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - I'm sure at night is very romantic. But with my hubby ah. Eat and go one. Romantic also no use lah... Plus I don't think being FED to mozzies is romantic wor.

Wen - Very small rooms indeed!!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker