Sunday, August 30, 2009

Myriad of Stuff...

Busy Busy Busy
Have not been updating my blog as I have been busy baking. Baked almost every day...Baked last Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and today! I think I might have cupcakes coming out of my ears! My S2 said "when mommy sneezes, cupcakes come out!" Hahahah...
Check out my cupcakes at http://www.atouchoffrostcakes.blogspot.com/

Age Catching Up...
I know I always say that I feel young like I am 18 years old. But this stupid body of mine just refuses to comply with my mind. For the last week or so, I have had really bad pain in my neck and upper vertebrae. Both H and I agree that it's my pillow that's not giving the necessary support.
Shucks!!! There goes using cheapo RM 9.90 Ikea pillow... and it's time to start using pillows with SUPPORT! And so... after days of waking up going "Ooooooh. Arrrrgghhh..", I went to get myself a Therapedic support pillow. Thank goodness there was a 50% discount as I certainly don't fancy paying USD 100/- for a pillow! So I will try out my new pillow tonight...and I shall see if I wake up in bliss or in agony.

"Is he your son?"
I had 4 extra cupcakes from one of my baking sessions, and I asked S1 to bring them to school to share with his mates. When he came home from school..
Me - Who did you share the cupcakes with?
S1 - S had one. And then I ate the remainder 3.
Me - Huh? Why? How come you ate all 3??
S1 - What do you expect when 10 girls came swarming? I only had 3 cupcakes!
Hahhahahahahahah.....
H - if it's your father, I would have taken one girl to this tree, and then another to that tree blah blah blah...
Later that evening, when we went out for dinner, S1 was acting abit weird... and I told H that S1 must have "Pei sapp kor lui-chai hakk tou!" hahahahahah
The next day, when H told his friends about this... they said "Are you sure he is your son??"

Sick?
S2 woke up crying this morning...complaining of a headache, and he had a temperature. Gave him a panadol and fever came down. He's not coughing nor have other symptoms.... I think it's probably the heat. It hasn't rained for the longest of time. Plus we have been eating rather heaty stuff. With no maid, I've been roasting or baking our dinners. And when we eat out, it'll be either deep fried or grilled. I've given him some Chinese "cooling medicine" plus getting him to drink lots of water. So hopefully, his body will be normalized by tomorrow. But I'm keeping him at home tomorrow. Don't want him to go to school and then the nurse calling me to pick him up. Too troublesome.

3 Weeks after Lasik
Two days ago, out of the blue... my left eye suddenly felt so uncomfortable. I didn't rub it nor do anything unusual. Neither was I in a dusty environment. I was sleeping, and heard the phone call. When I woke up to answer the phone, my left eye just suddenly felt irritated. I rinsed it with loads of artificial tears to no avail. I thought I might have shifted the flap or something whilst I was sleeping. Was quite worried. I actually wanted to go to the Lasik Center here yesterday but it was closed. But luckily, my eye is all normal by this afternoon.
My vision is much clearer since the last time I wrote. The subtitles on TV also seems to be clearer. I've been such a long contact lens wearer that sometimes, I would still think "oh. I need to take off my lenses before bed"....forgetting that I don't wear them anymore!!! It is quite a drastic change.

Time Flies
I can't believe how fast time flies these days. I kept thinking that it's still more than 3 weeks before we jet-off. But actually, it's just slightly more than 2 weeks. I still have quite a few bookings to do...

4 comments:

Jonzz said...

Wah, I want some cupcakes too!

Ugh, reading about eye operations give me the creeps. Don't take out your eye by accident, ya. LOL! Kidding.

NomadicMom said...

Jonzz - U so far...by the time the cupcakes get to you, "fatt mou" already. hahahha
Aiya. Take out eye won't happen. Maybe the flap get lost oni! Hahhahaha ...but TOUCH WOOD lah

wen said...

hope ur son is well already... and post more photos of ur baking ler..

btw, if the pillow is good, let me know.

NomadicMom said...

Wen- thanks. He is better liow.

As for the pillow....I donno lah. Still got abit of neck pain leh. Maybe need to go urut first.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker