Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Maid came in...

From the last post:

New Maid came on Thursday (8th Sept) evening.... supposed to come in the afternoon but she didn't know the way. So had to wait for her cousin to finish work to bring her in. This one is true... cause the cousin in my partner's driver.

When I saw her, I was a bit surprised cause she had her head covered. Donno why I was surprised. Maybe because I kept asking if 'she can handle pork' and her cousin said 'no problem'. Anyway, when she came it was already quite late in the evening. So obviously didn't ask her to do anything except to clean and tidy her bedroom. H removed the DVD player and LCD TV from the maid's room prior to her arrival. I was thinking this one very 'siew-cheh' don't know whether can work or not. Her last job was in a household of 16 maids! She only prepares food. No ironing. No cleaning.

I told H that she might have problems with the 'porky' and I should just use her to at least IRON all my 10 days of clothes. hahahah...then I will whip out my bacon for her to cook. If she cannot tahan, then she will just leave on her own accord, rather that I tell her to go.... H said I should be worried that she will burn holes in all our clothes if she cannot iron. And he joked "so this weekend, we are going to have siew yoke, bak kut teh, pork chop is it?"

The next morning, she was dressed in long sleeved shirt and long pair of jeans and head covered. I was like "aiyo... how is she gonna work like that?". Briefly gave her instructions to make the beds, clean the floors, wash the toilets. She started making the boys' beds. Again, I was like thinking "how to work like that?". But I did see that the beds were really quite nicely made lah. So I went back to my room. When I came out, she was already changed and cleaning the toilets. Yes. She had the sense to change to something comfortable for real cleaning. She was in a T-shirt and shorts and NO head-scarf. Hair was tied-up. I have to say she looks so much more pleasant this way.

She didn't manage to finish the ironing yesterday, so have to continue today. Once that is done... my 'porky' will come out. I think this 'porky' will be the test lah. No point that she can clean well, make beds nice, iron well, but cannot handle 'porky'. My S2 is a bacon lover. I've bought her gloves ... so will see how...

Wish me luck!Link

5 comments:

LittleLamb said...

My indon maid can prepare pork ma. just dont eat only. but i think she did "tau tau saik" those bak kwang during cny. sigh. in Indonesia..so easy to get maid hor...how i wish is the same in MY

mun said...

Ya, hope she can handle the 'porky' with gloves. She shouldn't have accepted this job if she is not willing to cook 'porky'.

mom2ashleyaidan said...

hope this maid is a keeper for you!

NomadicMom said...

Littlelamb - Most don't mind lah. But when they cook, the smell will come up ma. Mine summore when she came 'pau tau', don't know if she icky or not.
So far, it's okay lah. Not too difficult... cause we generally pay better than the locals.

Mun - She did make bacon for my S2, and then bacon carbonara (from can) for dinner. So can cut lor...

Mom2ashleyaidan - I hope so too!

jacss said...

if she came knowing that she'll hv to handle pork, she shd be prepared guar.... sounds quite seng muk also, hope it turns out per yr expectation lah :D

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker