Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Maid...

Continued from here....

We did have pork quesadillas, pork omelet, fried bacon, pasta carbonara with pork bacon the last few days. Had to test her out - whether she would handle the pork or not. I guessed she passed.

When I came home yesterday, she had already made the boys' teatime snack as requested by the boys. Maggi mee for S1 and fried bacon for S2. And in the evening, told her to make the pasta and the carbonara sauce with bacon. She did understand my instruction of al dente. I didn't use al dente, of course. I had to use my finger and thumb to try to illustrate the 'bite' on the pasta. Yes. The pasta WAS al dente.

After dinner, I asked if she wanted to continue to work... and she was like blah blah blah..menyenangkan. Aiyo. I where understand. Told her to just say YES or NO. And she said YES. I clarified with my partner this morning - apparently it's supposed to mean "working here is nice". I thought she meant "easy".

Today, bought some foods from the supermarkets - chicken, salmon steak and broccoli. Gave her instructions to deep-fry the chicken, pan-fry the salmon steak (to medium done) and stir-fry the broccoli. And the dishes did turn out okay.... except fried chicken not salty enough. The salmon steak was done just right - NOT hard like rock. The sauce was okay. The broccoli was still nice and crisp. Not lam-pek-pek like how most maids would cook it. So overall, no complaints.

She said she can make Thai Pomelo salad one wor.... Will get her to make one of these days.

Okay lah. Got to go pack my bags for tomorrow....

4 comments:

CL said...

wow.. lots of porky meals there.. lucky you, i wish I got a cook too...

mom2ashleyaidan said...

lucky you? I'm still maidless :(

Rose world said...

Sound good to me. Lucky you. I wish for a good maid like her.

LittleLamb said...

Wah..........this maid well trained. Can cook.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker