Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Fried the Maid Sotong...

Yup. Finally did it.

Remember my last post? I mentioned something about getting a new maid... Heheheh.

Well, fired the maid yesterday. Why? If you have been following my posts about my maid, you will know why. This time was really really the last straw.

This time? She was supposed to be back by Monday, 5th Sept morning - boys back to school. Driver was here at the apartment at 6.30 am as usual. I didn't expect her to arrive so early. Perhaps 7 am or 8 am. When she didn't turn up at 8 am. I texted her and ask her what time she is arriving. STOOOOOOOOPID woman said she couldn't get bus ticket for Sunday. And only managed to get bus ticket for Monday. She will only arrive in Jakarta either afternoon or night. What kind of stupid baloney is that? She don't know in advance she don't have bus ticket meh? Even if she didn't buy her ticket waaaaaaaaay in advance lah, she should have called me on Sunday night already, right????
Why must wait till I contact her to see where she is, then only inform me? Why do I have to see that shedid not turn up for work, then I be the one to find out what happened?

When I told H about it, H immediately said Tell her NO Need to come back. But then, my keycard and all was still with her. So I didn't tell her that she no longer has a job. I only texted her that Boys STARTED School today. She said she didn't do it deliberately. Yah. Right! I am so stupid is it?

Seriously, everytime she goes off, there will some stupid excuse as why she can't come back as intended!!!

I was ironing on Tuesday morning (10 days of clothes!!), when she opened the door and couldn't get in. Cause I've double-locked and latched the door. The moment I opened the door, I said please give me the keys. You don't have to work here anymore. Please pack your things. That's all I said. Very calmly.

When she was leaving, I just couldn't help it. Had to say it. I told her. Just tooooooo many times that she do all this nonsense. Fed-up of telling her the same thing over and over again!

And you know what? Today, she asked me for a letter of reference via text. She said she worked more than one year blah blah blah. And donno what else. I asked "what do you want me to write? That you always leave without permission or that you always have all sorts of excuses?"
. I mean what is the point of me writing a letter of reference if all I am going to say is SO-and-so worked for me for 1.5 years. FULL STOP.

Certainly she wouldn't want me to have potential employers call me. Because if I am still living here, people would ask Why did her employment stopped? If she is good, why did I let her go? What am I supposed to say? I certainly would not lie for her!

But I have to say that I did teach her to cook lots of stuff. She can make banana loaf, pancakes, proper omelets and scramble eggs, Hainanese chicken rice, nasi lemak, chicken casserole, curry chicken, lor mai kai, lor pak kou, chicken pies, pork chops, chicken chop, roast chicken-my style, roast chicken ala Jamie Oliver, Grilled fish with lemon sauce, lasagne (tomato sauce and the bechamel sauce from scratch!), quesadilla, tacos, pizzas, pasta carbonara, gyoza, fried hokkien mee, wantan mee, mee suah soup, fried beehoon malaysian style, chinese style fried rice, one pot rice, bak kut teh and the 'yau fann', thai-style pineapple rice, all sorts of chinese soups, angmoh mushroom soup, pumpkin soup, french onion soup..... etc etc. *sigh* now got to start from the very beginning. BLEAH...

I have a new maid coming in tomorrow. My partner's driver's cousin. We'll see how she works out. If this one don't jadi, my driver has two lined up for me this weekend. Yeah. Now is quite easy to find maids because they have all returned from their kampungs to the city. If it was before Lebaran, then it would be difficult...

Wish me luck with this new one...

Oh.. I know I am very bad. But I hope her next job is with a local family. NO off days. NO long paid holidays (with us, she gets at least 3 weeks paid holidays when we go away if not more! Actually more. We go away during Summer holidays and December holidays.), NO TV in room. NO Free time. MUST wake up at 4 AM. MUST mop floor twice a day with floor cloth and not with a mop. MUST make FULL breakfast for the ibu every morning. MUST bring the Ibu's handbag into the car. MUST bring Ibu's little bag and towel to the gym (see this post) etc etc...
So bad hor... but she really had it too good that she wants to take advantage of me. If I don't fire her this time, she will definitely think she is indispensable and climb ALL over my head!


Link

5 comments:

mom2ashleyaidan said...

argh! maids from indonesia..they are all the same! hope your next one is a keeper.

stay-at-home mum said...

maids, maids. cant do without them!! Thats the problem I have problems with mine too, but better not to say anything if I cant say anything good. Problem is MIL is too kind. I would have sent her home or back to the agent, but MIL kesian her, say let her work until loan is up. Meanwhile, I just have to Tahan!!

Anonymous said...

There should be a glut of indo maids in your country la, because our two stupid countries still cannot sort out maid problem coming to Maia, so over here, almost impossible to get indo maid. Atl least you have a line of potentials you can get within few days. Here ah, many families waiting for months. Pay so much some more. Even if current maid not that good, have to than ler.
Gee, I should be yr maid to get cooking lessons man.
KL

NomadicMom said...

mom2ashleyaidan - I hope so too... The test will be if she can handle and cook pork.

SAHM - I tell you ah. Maids just don't appreciate our kindness one. They just want to take advantage, and think that 'we need them'

KL - My facial lady just told me that there is a shortage of maids here too...cause all want to go to HK, Saudi Arabia etc. She said this client of hers looking for 3 maids -as she needs a total of 6 maids!

jacss said...

hey...after reading yr story, i only have 1 comment :
walau ehh...u REALLY can coooook man :D
anyway, i also hate it when maid don't appreciate their benefits & try to take us for granted, padan muka!!
wish u luck with the next one :D

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker