Sunday, January 17, 2010

Never-Ending Buying!

I'm sure you moms out there have the same problem.

Do you feel that you are constantly replacing your kids' stuff?
If it's not shoes, it is bags. If it is not this. It is that.
I don't mean just the lost items. There are the torn items. The out-grown items.
The list is almost endless!

I was at the mall for almost 4 hours yesterday, trying to buy the boys' school items.
Both boys needed new school shoes. And how I wish it was those WHITE Bata shoes that I used to wear in school. NO. It has to be black leather shoes. And it is not easy to find affordable kids leather-like shoes. I certainly do not want to spend loads on shoes that seem to be man-handled by the boys. Don't know how they wear them. Toes sticking out. Soles detached from the shoes. Holes underneath. .... Aiyo. Plus they outgrow them soooo quickly.

S2' was pretty easy as my friend had referred a shop that has quite a range. At first, he still wanted to be choosy... but I just had to put my foot down. The damage for his pair of shoes was almost USD 20. Considered cheap already. Similar shoes at Metro were going for about USD 30. (Why not those WHITE Bata shoes ahhh????)

S1 proved to be soooooooooooooo much more difficult. I didn't realise that my son has grown so much. He can't fit into the kiddy sizes anymore. And thus, it was a search for adult-sized leather shoes. He didn't want DORKY shoes, nor WORK shoes like his dad's. We looked at shoes in Metro, Next, Bata, Pedro, Marks&Spencer's, Linea, 101, Zara and finally settled for a pair of Clarks at Sogo. Blardy expensive at USD 78! (Even more expensive than my Cole Haan's!) He liked a pair from Pedro (eh..also not cheap leh USD 58) but they only had it in Size 42, and he really looked like Donald Duck in them. Even then, he still insisted that he wants them! Of course, I had to say NO.
BTW, my S1 wears a size 41 ... still abit loose for room to grow.

And then there's the school bags. I don't know if it's the bag quality or what. But I just bought then new bags whe school started in August 2009. And now, both the boys' straps have torn. Got S1's bag in a jiffy...but S2 was kinda choosy. He wanted to have a Reebok one...which of course cost a bomb. Had to put my foot down. Bought him a much much cheaper one.

What about Football boots?? So ma-fann....these ang-moh schools. PE also must have different type of shoes. Again, S1 had outgrown his old pair. He chose a pair of Diadora's which was slightly less than USD 35/-, and a pair of shin guards and football socks. His football boots were also a Size 41. I had already purchased S2's football boots the day before, otherwise it'll be another headache.

And also new swimming trunks for S1. Swimming activity starts this Tuesday, plus he will be participating in a Swimming Meet or something. At least, this was quite an easy task. We were out of Arena with the purchase within 5 minutes.

Hopefully.... that's the end of buying school stuff for the time-being!

6 comments:

wenn said...

i used to buy stuff for my kids and not for myself.

wen said...

ya, its never ending till they start working and buy their own.
but white bata shoes is a frust for me, coz it gets dirty easily and can been seen, must use shoe white and it wears out easily.. i prefer black shoes but not leather, too expensive for me! hehe

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Yeah......all my hard-earned $$ goes to the kids and none for myself!

twin said...

dun be a kiamsiap mom la. good things dun come cheap mah!

Everyday Healy said...

I have to come to this stage yet as my girl is still in nursery. But, you make me worried a bit. Hahahaha......

By the way, are you selling your drawing?

NomadicMom said...

Wenn - I think that's the usual case.

Wen - That is true. But don't you think those BATA shoes are easy to find? Everywhere also got, and not ex. I remember if shoe dirty, just use CHALK to draw on the shoes. KAU TIM!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - But sometimes also must pamper the mommies lah...

Twin - Can see that you SPOIL your kids one!!!

Healy - Girls...maybe MORE things to buy! hahahahha

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker