Thursday, January 21, 2010

New TOY for Me!

Just as I was lamenting about all the buying, ....and what do I do?
Ask H to get me a DSLR when he transits in Changi. Shame on me!
So. Am now the new owner of a Canon EOS 500 D.

Actually, I was already looking at some cameras when we were in the States. And thought that I wanted to get the Canon Rebel T1i, but decided to check the prices here. When I told Laundryamah about it, she insisted that it wasn't a DLSR...and we sorta had a little debate, as she said that Canon DLSRs should always have some numbers and a D blah blah blah. I googled it, and then found that Canon EOS cameras are generally called Rebel-something in America. Thus, EOS 500 D is called the Rebel T1i.

Anyway, I was "experimenting" with my new toy yesterday. Have to say that I am NOT used to using the viewfinder to take pictures. You know lah... for the longest of time, we have been using the LCD screen to focus our images. And know what? The one-eye closed business resulted in a dizzy head....which became a full-blown headache. I actually had to have 2 panadols to calm the effects.
ADUH!!!

7 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

I want tooo!!! But I guess I willhave to wait a while.

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

hahahaha mine is only 1month old so I'm still getting headache from squinting into that small pin hole LOL. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

BTW, buy GSM blocker to disable all spy transmitters in your home or office.

twin said...

*new pinch to u* hahhahha
besides being picasso now u wanna turn into a pro photographer ah??

wen said...

that bad gotta take panadol ah? i am now trying to keep both eyes open when using viewfinder coz i try to minimize of getting wrinkles fast! :)

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - Buying is one thing. Learning to use, and then lugging it around is another thing!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - I think I may be getting better with the squinting! The last time I used it, NO headaches. Hahhaha

Twin - Yah. Yah. Yam Tak Wah also became pro when he was older, right??

Wen - Never thought about the wrinkles bit. But a bit difficult lah. Keeping both eyes open.

laundryamah said...

aiya mana ada debate..LOL..

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker