Sunday, January 17, 2010

Officially a SOCCER MOM!

Yup! As of yesterday..... S2's first game.

The try-outs for the football league was actually last term, before Christmas holidays. The try-outs were on Saturdays, starting at 8.00 AM! So you can imagine this lazy mommy having to drag herself reluctantly to school on a Saturday morning. At the end of the try-outs, I went up up to the coach to inquire on S2's performance. I know he isn't very good, and was trying to suss out if my Saturday torture is at an end. BUT BUT... the coach said "Don't worry. Everyone will get in. It's just which team". Aiya.... cannot get out. I guessed there is a positive side. S2 still thinks the world revolves around him, so hopefully playing a team sports will teach him all about teamwork and that others matter too.

S2 is in the U10C Black team. I told H last week that the league starts soon, and that we would have to take turns to accompany S2 to his games. The first game was Saturday, 16th Jan; H's remark was "Good.... I won't be around this weekend!" . Bleah.... he's in Germany for work at the moment. Ya. Ya. All the games are during the weekends. Next week, there are two games even...on Saturday and Sunday! The one on Saturday is for the Coca-Cola League (points and goals like Barclay's League), and the Sunday one is for the Greenfields Cup (like FA Cup...get knocked out one).
When I arrived at school on Saturday, it was raining and quite heavily too. I was surprised to be told that the scheduled games will go-on, unless there is lightning. I was like Aiyoooo. You know the Chinese lah, where can go under rain one? After get sick. Plus I dreaded the idea of my feet sinking in the mud. Yucks! Okay. My feet didn't sink in lah. But I did have to give my legs a bit of a scrub when I got home.

Anyway, here is S2 in his black uniform.... Don't know why he chose such a BIG-sized one, i.e. XL. GILA!
You can't even see his knees!!! Just got him this new pair of Nike football boots on Friday (day before the game) as the studs on his old ones (hand-me-downs from S1) came off.

My photos of the boys playing in the field did not come out nice, as I don't have a terrer-menerrer camera with telescopic lens. That is why I want to get a DSLR...at least can zoom abit lah. See my son (Shirt No. 15) so blurr!

But even if I buy a new camera, don't think I will ever be sooooo cialatt as to have lens like below!


They were playing against the Jakarta Japan Club (JJC), and naturally the Japanese would have terrer cameras......Nikon dan Canon sama-sama dari Jepang! (Yes. It's called Jepang NOT Jepun here)
S2's team was leading at first, but just the last 5 minutes or so, JJC boys were on the roll and scored 2 goals within 2 minutes. The final score was 3 all. Quite respectable for a first game, I thought.

It was pretty nice gesture for the boys to all shake-hands with the opposing team. Don't you think?

3 comments:

laundryamah said...

wah those r terrerrrrrr menerrrerrrest lens leh & cost a bomb!

Anonymous said...

heh....you sure you will actually bring the camera out and around after you buy them? ;P

YM

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - I'm sure they do!!

YM - H says he will be the one taking the pics. What he doesn't like is to be in the pics!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker