Sunday, August 22, 2010

Misc on Moscow....

Okay. Okay... I promise that this will be my last post on Moscow. And since last post, it will be composed of mish-mashed photos from buildings-to-food-to-souvenirs...etc etc.

The world-famous Boilshoi Theater
(Seems like it is still under refurbishment)



The NUTCRACKER
We watched this in a smaller theatre next to the Bolshoi Theatre. It was performed by the Moscow City Ballet company.(I know the quality of this picture stinks. What to do? Have to curi-curi take picture with my small point-n-shoot)

One of the Many Metro Stations near the Red Square


Church near Tretyakovskaya Metro Station


Kafe Pushkin
TOP - Can you recognize the word "Kafe Pushkin" in Cyrillic?
BOTTOM - Interior of Kafe Pushkin


Some Russian Delicacies....
TOP - (L) Blinis with Cream Cheese and Red Caviar from Kafe Mania (R) Some soup being poured into a Russian Pie
BOTTOM - (R) Can you see the Russian-Wontons????



Tired Street Vendor!
Sorry lah....had to snap this picture.


Last but not least...SHOPPING!! No lah. I didn't buy anything in Moscow - other than 3 little magnets for my fridge.

Russian Traditional Costumes

Russian Matryoshka Dolls
H asked me to buy some...but what for? Do what with them?


TOP - (L) More dolls for sale; (R) Fur hats anyone?
BOTTOM - Convenience stores
.
One thing I noticed about Moscow. Merchandise are ALWAYS behind glass cases in those convenience stores/kiosks. People have to stand on the street instead of "going inside".

----------The End-----

Now...will be my posts on New Orleans and Washington DC!!!!!!

2 comments:

jacss said...

hey SMei...shall i call u that??
tks for dropping by my humble blog recently :D
i envy u...get to visit so many countries. moscow...i dun think i'll ever hv a chance to see this part of the world :(
tks for sharing the photos!!

u hv a great week ahead when the boys r back to school :P

NomadicMom said...

Jacss - hello....
Actually hor, on my blog, prefer to be called either SM or NM.
Have a good long weekend!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker