Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Myriad of Buildings in Moscow

Tried to upload more photographs onto this post....but kept getting an error message. Wonder if it is because the files are too big (DSLR files are HUGE!) After about 3 tries. I gave up...

Anyway, here are some that's either been taken by my Point-n-Shoot or DSLR-made-Collages.

Tretyakovsky Proezd
This is a Russian Revival courtyard built in 1871. This place is now filled with designer boutiques - BV, Gucci, Prada etc etc...

Synodal Printing House
Russia's first book was published on this site in 1564. But this building was erected in 1814 and now houses the State Humanitarian University


TsUM
An upmarket department store in Moscow. There is a Veuve Clicquot Champagne Bar here. The building was apparently based on Whiteley's in London.

The State Historical Museum and The Resurrection Gates

GUM Department Store
ГУМ, pronounced as goom is a fancy department store with fancy designer labels and other high-street stores. Unfortunately, it is as hot as an oven in Summer!

2 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

ENVY!! I wish I could travel the world too!!
Hey, if you get the error message, it could be you have fully utilized all the FREE space provided by Picassa Web Album. It's time you pay to get more space OR do like what I do - create another gmail account and create another blog :D I now have half a dozens of blogs because I am el cheapo haha!

NomadicMom said...

Health Freak Mommy - Oh yeah hor. After your comment, I looked and max only 8 MB. Eh...I learnt how to reduce the size liow. Go to PICASA and then EXPORT. Then you can reduce the pixels...so the file size smaller!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker