Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Scrapperlicious.....

Just as I was lamenting about kids just wanting to BUY in my older post, I think I may be alittle guilty too.... I have actually bought quite a lot of scrapbooking supplies from the US in my last trip there in Dec'09/Jan'10 from Joann's and Michael's in Los Angeles.
What did I buy then?
4 albums and refill pages, embellishments, border punctures, pens, acrylic stamps and lots of papers. I think I must have bought about 8 stacks of paper which consisted of 48 sheets each. It was like USD 10 per stack. And you know how much they sell here? About USD 1.50 per SHEET or MORE! Sure I need to stock up, right? Right?
No. Didn't take any photos of my previous loot. Why ah?
And Yes. Bags were crazily HEAVY then....

So what did I buy this time?
Again, I bought my supplies from Joann's and Michaels....but this time at Potomac Mills, Virginia.


TROLLEY Bag
My old sling bag is waaaaaay too small to put my stuff in when I go for my Scrapbooking Group Sessions every Tuesdays. How did I bring this back? I had everything dumped in there, and used it as a hand-luggage on the flight. H brought it back home direct. He said he took care of it sooooo carefully that he didn't even allow the stewardess to help him take the bag up to the overhead luggage compartment! Heehee


Album and 3 Paper Stacks
This time, bought only 3 stacks (still had to buy some lah. So nice the colours!!!) as H kept saying I should focus more on embelishments. He was like going "Your pages are too plain. You should buy more of those things you call embellishments blah blah blah....". I wonder if he knows that it is those embellishments that are the expensive stuff!

Embellishments
Some ribbons, Stickers of all sorts, alphabet cut-outs etc etc...

Jolee's Value Pack!
If you are a scrapbooker, you would know that Jolee's stickers are really really nice BUT also kinda pricey. So imagine my grin when I saw this pack. $100 worth of stickers for only $9.99. Felt like 'chap-thou-kamm'(found gold)...heheheheheheh

--------That's it-------
That's all my scrapbooking stuff I bought this trip. Really CANNOT buy anymore scrapbooking stuff. I have stuff that I don't even remember that I have. The only consolation is that I have tonnes of photos to scrap (my sister's wedding from Dec 2008, sister's wedding from May 2010, Summer holidays 2010, and tonnes of baby photos!!!!!!) which means I WILL use the stuff that I have bought....and I have alrady started the ball rolling by completing 8 pages yesterday. So proud of myself. :-)
Now...another 999 pages to go....
The stuff below are embellishments and papers given by my friend S. She has packed-up and left for Seoul....after 6 years living here. Did I tell you that she also gave me her Klic-N-Kut machine when she left? I still haven't opened up the box. Don't know where to put it. It seems like a serious cutting machine. Am told that it can cut-out plywood too, in addition to the usual paper, cardboard, foam etc. Once I set it up, I wouldn't need to buy any more alphabet cut-outs. I can custom-made my letters to suit my papers! That would be awesome.... Now just have to see where I can put that big huge MAMA....
Papers and Embellisments from SH


Sorry. No picture of my Klic-n-Kut. Will upload once I have unboxed it!

13 comments:

LittleLamb said...

fren..nowadays can go digital ma. but then what beats a nice traditional looking scrapbook hor..

rachel

Anonymous said...

Drooooool! I'm so envious of your USA bargains. Sigh, i'll never be able to go USA in another 5 years at least! Can't believe yr luck at the 9.90 sticker pack. They're like 15 rm per sheet here. Well, after scrapping your 999 pages, if u have any leftovers, throw them over to me! I've bought some albums and beginners stuff, now planning my first page. But going to be maidless for half month at least and it's school hols too! Sigh.
KL

Anonymous said...

Just saw from Facebook u also fan of scrap n crop. Just made my first purchase from them. You know val personally?
KL

NomadicMom said...

Liitle lamb - digital different la. I like 3d effects la

KL - no. Don't know her. Valerie I mean.
So how's your page going.?
My pages always a lot of photos. Take too many and want to scrap all but don't want to spend too much per page.

Anonymous said...

Erm, I haven't started. Got lots of ideas but keep thinking I want to buy more of his and that. When my maid leaves net week,I lagi got no time to start until new maid comes hopefully by mid sept.
Went 1 utama craft haven and bought some more stuff cuz got mega sale. Buttons, brads, ink pads and clear stamp. Now have to buy the acrylic block and tiny hole puncher la.
Kl

Anonymous said...

I bought a whole load of stuff 3 years ago with very good intentions and....errr....uhmm.....I haven't even completed Page Numero Uno *shy*

Mamapumpkin said...

Hey that was me up there, sometimes mkg comments from phone sucks.

NomadicMom said...

KL - Actually, I don't think I have any canggih gadgets. Only bought one of those 'tool sets' from making memories. Other than that, mostly just cut cut cut.

Mamapumpkin - I guessed once T2 is bigger, you can send her to a nursery a couple of days a week, then you can scrap!

Irene said...

whoa cool stuf man!

Jacss said...

Gosh.....yor can go like that wan meh???? It reminds me of d bento tools stash tat I've accumulated over time..... I better not get attracted with these! But guess it'll hv to be after I outgrow my diaper addiction, lol

NomadicMom said...

Irene - there are waaaay cooler stuff in the shops. I'm just always soooo overwhelmed that I donna what cool atuff to buy!

Jacss - I never was into bento.... Too much work, put into mouth and comes out the other end too quickly!
Scrapbooking can keep and look look look until the end of time!

laundryamah said...

walao the 9.99 really damn good deal lorr...ok now i'm really motivated to go US leow...

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - Think the 9.99 not always got one. Only saw it this time. The last time (Dec '09/Jan '10 trip), I didn't see any leh.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker