Thursday, November 25, 2010

If I were Living in the USA....

.........I would probably spend my days and nights SHOPPING. Shopping online. Shopping from catalogues. Shopping in the malls...in the factory outlets...etc etc. Do nothing but shop shop shop! I tell ya, there is really such a vast range of things to buy! But then, H would have to work doubly hard to pay for all my purchases!

As per my previous post, I'm starting to bid for auction lots at eBay.... I have to say that it is quite an adrenaline rush at the last minute, i.e. Last 60 seconds before the auction time ends. My heart went bit bop bit bop so quickly as I was putting my bids in, whilst looking at the timer ticking down...9s 8s 7s 6s 5s....and then wondering if the bid was successful. Hehehe... Cheap thrills.
Hey! Wait a minute! Not cheap at all! Already spent USD 57 just on stickers and shipping costs to Anaheim. Half I won at auctions. Half I did the "buy it now" or "best offer" option.

Anyway, I didn't win the 6000+ pieces lot that ended yesterday. Couldn't stay up. The winning bid was USD 40 ish. This is really a good price.. Even with the international shipping rates of USD 45, it's still cheaper than what I would pay to buy in Jakarta. The only thing is whether the postal service here would tax the items.... I guessed I really have to stay up if I want to get my hands on these lots... Or alternatively, go to bed early, then set my alarm to ring 5 minutes before the auction closes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you. Think I would be stuck on ebay 24 hours a day.
They sell everything at such great prices. I used to buy lots of the Monet and Liz clairborne costume jewelry at a fraction of the retail prices here, just cuz they were the old season one. And those big lot auctions, really make me drool!
Well, good luck, once you start, you'll never stop. Today it is scrapbooking items, next day, you'll definitely find something else to buy!
KL

mott said...

woah........ i think shipping costs are the killer...

sigh..taht's why I gave up ebay. I only look for freeshipping now..

NomadicMom said...

KL - Eh... It's not easy to bid lor.. I increase bid. increase bid...also didn't manage to get.

mott - Yeah hor. A bit here and there.. the shipping cost can pile up!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker