Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Bread Maker CONKED Out???!??!?

When I saw Wen's brioche on her FB page, I was rather inspired to make my own too. So... this morning, I trot out to get the necessary ingredients... milk, eggs, yeast yadda yadda yadda.. Came home and took my bread maker out from the kitchen cupboard. This white elephant has NOT seen the light of day for FOUR YEARS!

Happily poured the brioche ingredients into the bread pan in the order instructed by the manufacturer. Program 1 - Check. Loaf Size - Check. Crust Colour - Check. Then I pressed START. I saw that the mixing started and then it stopped. Waited for a few minutes. Ooooi?? Nothing happening. Flour is very still inside the bread pan.

See! See!

Then took out my manual to have a look at the time sequence. Okay..it says mixing will be 10 minutes. Waited till then... Eiiiiiii? Nothing happening leh!

Fed-up. Turned off the power and tipped the contents into my mixing bowl. Had to resort to kneading the dough by hand.

Dough rising....the old fashioned way....


I 'boh kamm buan' (mm kamm yuen) and tried it again..... this time using the ingredients for a simple loaf. Dumped everything into the bread pan and pressed START again.

ALAMAK! No mixing again. So how?
Tipped everything out again and started mixing and kneading by hand. *sigh*

I wonder if my bread maker is punishing me for leaving it in the dark for four years. Donno where to send it to be fixed also...

Anyway, here's what I made today...

Clockwise from Top:
Bacon & Onion Rolls from the Brioche Dough, Simple White Loaf & Mini-Brioche

Have to say that I was quite hardworking today. Not only I managed to sort out some photos in the morning, I was also at school for a meeting (I'm a Class Rep, remember?), did grocery shopping, made those breads above and even baked a chocolate cake.

Yummilicious Chocolate Cake ...of course yummy ler. The 70% chocolate bars cost a bomb! (Oops...forgot to remove the paper lining)

And not only that. I actually went to the gym in the evening!

Hardworking or not???

8 comments:

MeRy said...

The cake and bread looks yummy.

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Wah super hardworking man. Today got pengsan or not? kekeke

Anonymous said...

wah......

YM

NomadicMom said...

MeRy - Cake IS yummy... but the bread was okay only ler.

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - No lah. No pengsan...was surprisingly still energetic that night. But pity H wasn't around to work the energy off. Hahahhaha...

YM - Hardworking leh...

stay-at-home mum said...

Wah so hardworking. But after you eat all that you baked sure to be giant

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - Yeah lor. How ah? like to bake. like to eat. how not be a giant leh???

jacss said...

wuah...without mixer also u bake & they do looked sellable wor, haha

eh, go get a rubber band & shoot that fella who call u giant lar... so bad *sob*, haha

NomadicMom said...

jacss - Seems unbelievable that I was so hardworking that day! And yes.. I think I should go WHACk the boy who called me a giant!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker