Monday, March 12, 2007

Kids...and iPods

As I mentioned, I volunteered for S2's school trip... and we visited a life size replica of a long house. The guide was explaining to the kids that such a house would be in the jungle. No electricity, no cars etc. And out came a question from these 7 year olds with "Is there iPod ?". The guide was like "no iPods, no ps2, no gameboys!" Aiyo...I tell you, apparently, 50% of the school kids have an iPod of some sort.

Just now, went jalan-jalan in the mall with H while waiting for kids to finish their mandarin classes, and H was very itchy to buy some gadgets. First, he wanted to get me a phone. I was like "What for?"..then he saw the mini-mini iPod (as V so gallantly informed me that the mini-mini iPod is called the iPod Shuffle...) and wanted to get for the boys... I of course said NO lah. The boys are not REAL music fans. It will be a case of "just wanting to have it"...

Anyway, told H that if he really wants to buy me stuff, might as well get me a pair of earrings rather than a new phone...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hihi well at least yr son will want to work for something he wants. my nephew just asked and pull a long sulking face... and he got what he want! sigh, is this the way our kids would grow up to?

NomadicMom said...

That's why we have to remind them that money don't grow on trees and that things cannot be had without hard work....We must stand our ground lah..and not give in all the time.

Some of the kids take about USD 30 to school one leh... My son? He'll be happy that he has USD 1. Ha ha ha.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker