Monday, April 23, 2007

Misc Foods

Sushi
Yesterday, I attempted to make sushi for the first time. Hee Hee ... The taste was alright, but as my H says "no presentation one"... S2 says "I prefer to eat in the restaurant"... My sushi roll sort of disintegrated into pieces and not hold its shape. My "Genki Sushi" style of salmon mayo also not like Genki Sushi's lah.. My california roll okay lah.. just roll into cone only ma.. Didn't take photo lah.. So malu :-)

Khaw Niew Mamuang
Or Mango Sticky Rice. Made that the other day. Have to say it was pretty good. Easy to make. The difficult part was to find SWEET mango. Not mango season now lah. Bought some from one supermarket. But the mangoes weren't even ripe, so had to go to another one to buy. Bought some "Bangkok Mangoes". Not that sweet either. My friend used to tell me that the good stuff, they keep IN Thailand and do not export! I think that's quite true. Always seem to get to eat SWEEEET mangoes all year round. Their pineapples are also mega sweet. I hate pomelos but Thai pomelos are yummy and I do eat them when I lived there...

Greek Food

Couldn't get these food photos in my earlier posts. So thought I'll include them here in my foodie post. ...The picture shows Greek Salad with big slab of Feta Cheese, Mussels Saganaki and Grilled Sardines...YUM YUM

No comments:

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker