Monday, April 16, 2007

YAAYYYY!!! Earring is Found!

Actually, it's my maid, Y that found it. At least she didn't gasak it for herself. Reckoned it would have fetch the equivalent of a couple of her month's pay. So, she's quite honest, yah?

I was gonna write and complain about her "creativity" the other day. I've so far taught her three different ways to steam fish, i.e. the Teochew Style with the "hamm choy", the taucho style and the plain kicap style. But the other day, she somehow tried to be Kylie Kwong or whoever, and used ALL THREE styles on the same fish! Thankfully, it didn't taste yucky that we couldn't eat it. But did tell her to STICK to the way that I've taught her!

Anyway, this post is not about my maid grouses. It's to commend her on her positives.

No. 1 - She is still with me after 7 Months. In this country where maids come and go. This is a big Plus already.

No. 2 - She doesn't show me face when I scream at her, nor give me the dumb smile look like some of the previous maids that I've had.

No. 3 - She does have initiative to do things without being told.

No. 4 - She is quite "sik chou", in terms of sorting out boys and their school things

No. 5 - She is honest (so far...)

No. 6 - She is quite good in following instructions (although occasionally need some reminding)

Overall, have to say she is quite good. So, better just close ONE eye for other little things...which I do lah. I just tell her to do it lah.

BTW, I texted H about my FOUND earring, and he just called to say that I should reward the maid by giving her some money. I don't think I'll give her money lah...Maybe just buy her a gift as appreciation for her honesty. I know Laundryamah sure say "no need to treat maid so good!". Think she scolded me once when she found out that my Filipino maid (old maid back in Malaysia... ) has got a TV in her room :-)

1 comment:

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

I laughed when I read about your maid's version of "Ikan tiga rasa ala Cina"... it must have tasted funny.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker