Monday, March 10, 2008

FUMING!!!

As I am typing this...I am still waiting for my blood to stop boiling!!!

First, I came home to see that my maid has used the wrong type of meat to cook my Or-Tau-Yue-Bak. She had used my very nice spare ribs (meant for bak-kut-teh) to cook instead of the pork belly. She knows very well that she's supposed to use pork belly. Plus I specifically told her to use the pork belly, and she summore acknowledge me by saying "yes...the usual black braised pork". Say I scold or not? If she has never cooked this dish before, then it is excusable. She cooked this umpteen times, and never once we use ribs. What I hate is when I speak to her, she'll be "yes. yes... " but somehow not really listening. I'm mad NOT because I really want to eat FATTY pork. I am MAD because she does NOT listen!!! I just don't understand why these Hired Help just can do things well without me screaming at them.

Oh yeah... My gardener also another one. Remember my nice bamboo by the side of my pool? Stoooopid idiot must have wanted to minimise the frequency of cutting the bamboo...went to chop quarter of them to half height. I had a shock yesterday when I went to get the boys out from the swimming pool. I almost died. It is sooooooo UGLY now. To date, I left him to do his job and have neither nagged nor screamed at him. I can see that quality of work has diminished...and now, this chopping down my bamboo (chop already, then he doesn't have to trim as often). I also went ballistic and was ngam-ngam-chamm-chamm to my maid. (Yeah..not her fault..but she is the one that deals with the gardener...so told her to tell the gardener off when she sees him)!

Okay...back to today. At dinner.... the boys were playing a fool as usual. I finished my dinner first, and sat on my sofa waiting for them...and then what happened? They got ketchup onto my cream-coloured dining chairs. I was abit cheesed off lah... Although I want to change the seats soon...but also no need to mess it up maaaa.

Then as I was just settling down to relax a little bit. Stoooopid boys went to pull down the whole shower curtain rail. This rail is not those flimsy ones okay. It is metal with each side having 3 long screws that are tightly screwed onto the wall. The bracket at the wall actually broke! Of course I SCREAM at the boys lah. Already told them NOT to pull the shower curtain. But guess what? Said it was an accident. How? Because accidently sat on it when sliding down the tub. Waaaa...I lagi went ballistic!! How many times have I told them NOT to climb and slide? It's blardy dangerous...blah blah blah....

GEEEEEEEEEZZ

17 comments:

My Rantings said...

I can so empathise with you cos my maid is also like that. Tell her already & she says yes, still can do the opposite! Sometimes I wonder whether I should just keep quiet or not.

Kids also another one. Tell them, warn them, but nobody takes me seriously until something happens!

What to do? It's part of running a household! :P

Anonymous said...

:) Got maids also susah, no maids also susah.

Gone are the days, when maids are very reliable and more like a part of the family.

Cool down already? :) Blogging helps right?

Oscar's Mommy said...

wa... i must send you some liang teh la to cool you down. hehe, maids and kids are the same, tell them dont do, they do more!!! tell oscar dont 'conteng' the new table, he went to draw one "heart" shape and said "i love you mommy".... you said i shld get mad or wat???!!!

stay-at-home mum said...

Wah! U are very much like me. but must learn to cool it. It only makes us old!!

Unknown said...

Accidents always happen in my home.Everytime there is an accident happen I am speechless already..don't even know how to scold liao!

Anonymous said...

wait till u meet my maid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

talking about kids...u ask Angie la..that day i whacked my son like i was going to kill him liddat!

Leena said...

cool it cool it.

You got gardener, got maid, got swimming pool leh, just that the bamboos are a little shorter, your chair stained, your spare ribs gone, and you need a new shower rail. :)

bp said...

Oh no, one thing after another, I see why you were so upset. Hope you're feeling better now, and your maid, gardener back to their jobs. As for the boys, every time they pull a fast one like this on us mommies, after I've cooled down a bit, I try (try very hard) to see that it's becoz, as they say, boys will be boys!

Have a better rest of the week now! *Hugs*

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

I guess by now, the fire has calm down already huh.

I am a little suprised with your shower rail incident...the boys must have pulled it down with such great strenght.

Jonzz said...

Aiyo, so sorry to hear you had a rough day.

Take a deep breath, have a nice cuppa coffee and relax. Not worth raising your blood pressure over the 'little' stuff.

What has happened has happened. After all, things could always have been worse. Let the cooler head prevail.

NomadicMom said...

Dancing Queen - Think these maids don't really HEAR one lah. They are programmed to just say YES to everything!!!
As for kids, they always want to TEST the limit until you BURST!!! :-P

Judy - True. True. In the old Amah days... they really take care of the household like it is their own. Nowadays?? Aiyo...the maids all cin-cai-boh-chai. Things spoil already. Not their problem. Maam buy again!!! :-P

Oscar's Mommy - When you tell it like that...it is rather funnee...hehehe..don't marah lah. Kekekke...

SAHM - I tell myself to COOL IT. COOL IT. But you know lah..each time when it happens, you just explode like KRAKATAU already. Cannot cool immediately wor...

Sweetiepie - Everytime I say I don't wanna care. Just let the kids kill each other etc etc. ...But kenot lah. How?

Laundryamah - Okay. I kepoh when I come back. So, is she worse than the old one?
Why whack Kieren leh??

Shern's mom - Cool liow. Later than evening, after I cool liow..I felt so bad that I screamed like siow-char-boh at the boys. ;-)

bp - Yeah. After cooling down, then I feel bad that I shout at them. But at that instance, just beh-tahan!!!

wmd - I also donno how they pull down. The metal bracket is quite thick one summore leh.

Jonzz - Lucky my blood pressure abit on the low side. So blood boil also below the ALERT level. Hehehehe...
Cool down liow lah... But really have to learn to control my reactions....especially with very NAUGHTY boys that seem to want to test my patience EVERY DAY!!

sting said...

poor thing! it's like the national "get into your nerves" day ya? hope you feel better now :-)

NomadicMom said...

Sting - You can say that again!!!

Selba said...

I haven't had maid for almost 10 years! We only need one but everytime we tried to hire one, they asked for a companion. Then these days, maids become so big headed though they can not work at all.

Anyway, sometimes I wonder, if maids are clever, then they probably wont become a maid, right? hehehe....

NomadicMom said...

Selba - At first, I had 2 maids. But 2 maids means double the trouble..... So, when I went off, I asked this one to be the only ONE and ONLY. I paid her more lah. She got a kid, so I think the money helps...

Yes...you are right. If they are so smart,also won't be maid lah...

Anonymous said...

wakakakakakakakakakakkaakkaakak

pengsan package!!!!!!!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker