Friday, March 14, 2008

Updates...14 Mar 2008

SOMETHING SWEET
Thought I should post about something sweet and nice....after my FUMING post. :-)
This is the first box of Japanese biscuit that we opened....and of course at the the time of writing this post, this sachets of yummy chocolate/vanilla and strawberry cream-filled wafers all gone liow.

COOLED DOWN!
Yes. I've cooled down now....I'm coooool as a cucumber!!! kekeke...Actually not lor.... I fatt-lann-zhar this morning and decided to ignore the boys....let them have a taste of their own medicine. ;-) I went to school this morning to attend the presentation on S2's Residential Trip, and the boys went into the car with me. I told them to belt up like soooooo many times, and they were just NOT listening. Got so fed-up that I ignored them for the entire trip. When they tried to talk to me, I just pretended that I didn't hear. hehehehehe... Sure felt awkward!!

PRODUCTIVE DAY??
Been quite a productive day today. Woke up at 6.05 am. Left for school at about 7.15 am. Attended the Presentation on S2's Residential Trip. Then popped into Makro and bought all the cleaning stuff (Toilet Duck, Washing Powder, Hand Soap, Detergents etc etc) for the house. Came home, had a quick Maggi Mee lunch, checked my emails, and then went out for my 2.00 pm appointment with a box manufacturer......and on my way back, dropped-by into the factory outlet. Bought myself a pair of capri (~USD 6), Guess T-Shirt (USD 8) and S1 a GAP T-Shirt (USD 8). Donno if the Guess and Gap are genuine but they do look quite alright, and the price is Ok. I especially like S1's GAP T-Shirt. Will post picture later... My camera no more battery leh...
Then I came home, and jumped into the pool for a swim. Boys joined me when they hopped off their school bus. And am blogging away now....
Good yah??

EASTER HOLIDAYS
School holidays starts now!!! I will have to entertain boys for TWO Weeks!!! Have to find activities for them to do. Have to get out of the house. Otherwise....their faces will be stuck to the TV/PC/Gameboy for 24/7!!!!

We plan to go to Kidzania again on Tuesday, and we are scheduled to depart for HK on Good Friday(see my DILEMMA below), return on Tuesday. Mom and Dad come visit on Wed for a week...

DILEMMA
Well...the current flu epidemic is rather worrying....with schools closed yesterday and early for the Easter Break. H's friend has cancelled his scheduled HK trip due to the flu epidemic. And H called me this afternoon to check if our tickets can be postponed or cancelled. I called Cathay Pacific...and they indicated that our outbound ticket must be used by end-March; and for cancellation, the charge is USD 30 per ticket. So....we are in a dilemma as to whether we should go ahead with our trip or what. We were to stay with C and her family for 4 nights... Want the boys (hers and mine) to catch up. Want us to catch up. We are taking a wait-and-see stance for the moment....


BUDGET vs. COMMERCIAL
Initially, I wanted to take the budget airline to Macau, and then take a ferry to HK. C advised that we should fly directly into HK. She reckoned that the ferry ride and all would be very troublesome. But to fly direct, have to take normal commercial airlines which would be rather expensive...or so I thought. I almost book the seats on the budget airline but the frequency of flights meant that we would have to stay more nights...which H did not want. I was thinking of staying a night in Macau and check out the sights. H kept nagging me with "your boys will not be interested lah". *sigh* So I surfed over to Cathay's site and there was a special promotion. It worked out to be about USD 20 more per person. So, of course I chose the Cathay option lah. Full-service, plus more baggage allowance plus I fly direct into HK wor......Errrrr...that is if we do not CANCEL our trip!!

6 comments:

sting said...

oohhh.. those biscuits look good :-) hope the flu epidemic is not all that serious by the time you guys fly.. it's no fun to cope up in the house when on a trip... hmmm, do take more vitamins to boost immune system before flight :-)

Anonymous said...

What flu epidemic? Where? Why epidemic means can't fly to HK?

I bought 5 tickets to Melb, Aust with Cathay Pacific to fly out this summer because they are so much cheaper. The downside is I can't stop over in Malaysia. :(

My Rantings said...

I'm planning my trip for HK for year end & can't seem to decide on alot of things. And now with the flu epidemic..but it should be ok by that I hope.

Happy Easter! :)

stay-at-home mum said...

Yum! Those Jap cookies look so good. Makes me want to go to Japan for a holiday now!

If I were you, you may want to consider postponing hk trip. dont forget SARS also started about this time (Mar) in 2003. Esp since you are travelling with kids. Unless you have all taken your flu jabs. (Sorry, but I am one of those super cautious sort).

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jap biscuits always come in very nice packagings. My ex-boss who is Jap used to bring back some for us whenever he traveled back to Japan. Anyway, around this time is usually the peak season for flu in HK. This year, more news about it because it's affecting kids. Right now, no cause for alarm yet, from what I observe.

NomadicMom said...

Sting - This is the usual flu season...cold/hot/cold...know what I mean? Yes..pumping kids with vitamins. Plus we've all taken our flu shots.

Judy - Not say can't fly. Just that for cautionary sake.
Can't stop in KL, but can stop in HK, right? Lots of goodies in HK too...just that can't meet friends and relatives though.

Dancing Queen - Should be okay one lah....

SAHM - Our tickets can only be cancelled and NOT postponed. Anyway, we've decided to go ahead.
1) The flu is of the usual strain. Nothing more sinister than originally thought.
2) We've had our flu jabs
3) 2-week closure is generally because of Easter hols. I know this cause planned it with my friend. So basically, school just closed a few days earlier than planned.

Tot's Mom - Yes..those japanese biscuits are yummy and always nicely packaged.
I've read in the news too...no real alarm. Plus, we've had our flu jabs, and pumping ourselves with vitamins.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker