Monday, March 03, 2008

Mish-Mash

This is a mish-mashed post....

Tennis Lessons
Have signed up for tennis lessons for both the boys and myself. Went for our first lesson yesterday (Sunday). Actually, I didn't intend to do it. But I booked a 2-hour session. 1-hr for the boys to learn, and the other 1-hr for H to stroke with the coach. But as H went away on his business trip, I thought I might as well learn to play. Then perhaps we can have a family game???

Initially, S1 was hitting the ball up vertically. Probably from his ways of playing badminton. He's been playing badminton for a couple of years now, but apparently the instructor at school kept saying that he's playing like as if it's tennis. And at tennis, he seems to be playing as if it's badminton. How?? Anyway, after about 30 minutes, he finally was stroking better.

S2? That fella was like main-main. Summore said that he's gonna win trophies!!

As for me...I wasn't too bad. Before I started, I was quite afraid that I would be sooooo bad that the coach would get fed-up of me! Heeeheee..

Badminton Sessions
Badminton sessions and tennis lessons?
A bit confused, right??
Aiya... but there's a group of Ah Sohs and Mak Ciks that play badminton every Mondays. So, for social social, I join them too. I SUCK major at badminton. It's too fast for me. I can't see the shuttlecock. I can't catch the SMASHes. I don't know how to use my wrists. I can't SMASH.
So how?? Just join to social social lor... and continue to SUCK at badminton.

Very Expensive Roti Canai
After today's badminton session, we went to a newly opened Malaysian restaurant. I had roti-canai. It was good. But it occured to me how expensive the plain roti canai was!! Including tax, it costs USD 2.50. This is like 8 times more expensive than the ones at Pandi. Cialatt!!!!!
But what to do??? Beggars can't be choosers.
I ta-pau two rotis for the boys too...... We will definitely come to this restaurant again. It's pretty close to our house.
This is actually the NORMAL price for roti canais at restaurants over here.....Basically, this is an expensive city. Many do not believe that this capital city in this third world country is 30-40% more expensive than KL. But it is.

Hard to Do
You know what is hard to do?
To totally NOT help S1 with his Art work. It was easy to NOT help him with his Voodoo Doll as I don't particularly fancy sewing. But ART and CRAFT is something I like to do. When S1 was making his masquerade mask, I tried soooooo hard to NOT help him. But his work was sooooo shoddy that I HAD to intervene. It sure took a lot of WILLPOWER to STOP making the whole thing for him. In the end, I knew I had to let him DO IT himself. *sigh*

Screaming Mom
Yes. I have been screaming quite a lot lately. Somehow, speaking NICELY to my boys does not yield any results nor actions on their part. Somehow, only when mommy screams then words are heard by their deaf ears, and muscles in their limbs start to work. WHY??? Why can't they just do it when it's nicely told? Why must wait for mommy to scream leh???

VVIP
Apparently, there's gonna be a VVIP visiting the boys' school this Thursday. It's so hush-hushed that we don't know who is the VVIP. The teachers have sworn to secrecy. And because of this VVIP's visit, the kids will be dismissed at 3.20 pm instead of 2.20 pm. I've got to pick them up from school since they have Mandarin class at 4.30 pm, and if they take the bus home, they won't be on time for their Mandarin. Anyway, parents/cars etc will NOT be allowed into the school until AFTER the VVIP has left at 3.15 pm. I am really excited to find out who the VVIP is. Will update when I find out!

12 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

eh, eh, roti canai after badminton? All the effort expanded wasted, la!

mommy of 3 angels said...

i agree badminton and tennis use diff strokes..one hit down & one hit up...

so i guess u better at hitting down hehehe

Anonymous said...

wah.... screaming mom? ala..isn't that normal? I think it's not normal when a mum speaks to their child so politely.. WAKAKAAKAKAKAKAKAAKAK..

Even in shopping malls, I'd be yelling "OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

eastcoastlife said...

I used to scream too but now no need. Save my breath, let the girlfriends do it. hehehe...

What roti canai so expensive!? Over here, one piece increases to 90 Singapore cents, I boycott the stall! US$2.50!! Can forget about eating it.

NomadicMom said...

Stay-at-home Mum - Hahahaha... The thing is that's what we do after the sessions. If not roti-canai, would be nasi lemak or other goodies!!

M3A - Yeah...will continue with my tennis lessons. Besides, it's so much easier to find tennis courts than badminton ones...

Mott - Actually, I always go "OIIIIIIII" in the shopping malls too. The boys always make me look like some SIOW CHAR BOH in the malls!!!! Bleah...

EastCoastLife - You sure you ok with the girlfriends screaming at your precious or not???
Aiya....Eat roti cani in restaurant, plus service. Plus tax. Comes to USD 2.50 lor. Cannot boycott cause that's the price over here. There are no kopitiam like back home that we can pop in for a cheap roti-canai. Can get those frozen ones lah...at about USD 3 for 10.

sting said...

wahhh.. really expensive leh those roti canai.. what about other malaysian food like chay koey teow and nasi lemak? got?

bp said...

Wah, who is this very very important person? Yes, pray tell when he or she is unveiled!

Good to know you're keeping fit, and having somet time for social social.

Have a good week now, woman of the house! Boys better kwai-kwai and listen to you! =)

Unknown said...

Tennis is a very good work out!I did once played tennis it was very exhausted.Have to quickly run here and there.After the one session I Surrender already :)

Selba said...

Ever tried the roti canai at Penang Bristo? It's yummy and also expensive. I think it also cost around USD 2.5

LHS said...

good idea to have tennis as family game. i wonder when i can play sport with my kids..:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy schedule but with time for roti canai is a good reward. That reminds me, I want roti canai.

Can you think of a mum who has never ever screamed at their kids? :P

NomadicMom said...

Sting - Char Kway Teow, Nasi Lemak, Laksa...all also got. But eat in restaurant lah. These are about USD 3.80 before tax and service. Price for these in restaurant okay lah. Somehow it's the roti canai that is sooooo expensive.

bp - Will reveal who the VVIP is...
My boys "kwai-kwai" listen to me?? In my dreams lah...

Sweetiepie - I will let you know how I fare in further tennis lessons. :-)

Selba - Yes. We used to go to Penang Bistro quite often for the Laksa, Rojak, Roti, etc... Yes..their roti is also expensive lah. No choice..have to pay USD 2.50 if want roti canai here. :-(

huisia - the older one can lah..the baby one got to wait some time... :-)

Judy - Think of crispy fragrant ROTI CANAI!!! Go to Malaysia House. Heard that they moved to bigger premises?
I've seen moms that scared of their kids one okay!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker