Sunday, February 17, 2008

Voodoo Doll???

S1 had to make a Victorian Doll as part of his study on the Victorian Times. He was given the task last term. But he had been really really lax this school year, and didn't even try to get my help to make the doll over the Christmas holidays. I didn't see his work until a week before he had to hand up. The first time I saw it was on the 5th of Feb. He brought it home and was trying to stuff the doll. I have to say it looked really really sad. Took it back to school the next day. I expected him to bring the sad-looking doll back home on Wednesday so that he could work on it over the 4 days of CNY holidays. But with his tidak-apa attitude, he left it in school. On the following Monday, he brought it home and had to work hard on it since he had to hand it in on Wednesday.
This is what it looked like on Monday (11 Feb). H said "That doesn't look like a Victorian Doll? Looks like a Voodoo Doll!!!"....
He worked on it on Tuesday too..... He really hated sewing!!! This is how the finished doll looked like. So what do you think?? Voodoo Doll or Victorian Doll??

12 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Voodoo alright. Pls send to me asap. I really need to poke some needles right now!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is, BRAVO to you for letting HIM do it himself.

Voodoo or no voodoo..he did it.

Plus, he can really use it to voodoo his teacher if the teacher fails him...

WAKAKAKAKAAKAKAKAKAKAKAAKAKAKAKAK!!!

sting said...

he did that? actually, I'm impressed.. for someome who "doesn't like sewing", he did a great job :-)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, he is good that he can come out with a doll like this.

A doll lah....not voodoo but well done to your son for great effort.

Hazel said...

it's great ur son can do this..good job

NomadicMom said...

Stay-at-home Mum - hahahahah.... Btw, who do you want to poke???

Mott - Have to let him do it lah. I am certainly not gonna sew it for him. I hate sewing too!!
Aiya....no such thing as fail one lah ...

Sting - It's his first attempt in sewing. I guessed I have to give him credit for TRYING! :-)

Judy - Voodoo doll also a doll wor. Hee hee... At least it looked like a doll anyways...not some beast-like monster. Hahahah...

Hazel - He has to lah. Mommy certainly is tooooo lazy to do it for him!!

Unknown said...

LOL!emm looks like a voodoo to me but I guess he is doing a great job cuz i don't think i could make that.:)

Moonlight_tears said...

hahah, not that bad at all for a little boy who did all teh work without his mummy's help. I think it's cute. But the first one looks more suitable for Halloween.
Gosh, read your reply on my comment about Valentine's day, you got me cracking up, you typed "MAKE UP" and "KISS' in caps soemore, haha, you are one silly girl, guess you are so excited talking about kissing and making up. Well, the truth is no woman will stay mad at their hubby for a long time, would they? Sometimes I played hardcore mad at myhubby, but then he started to act goofy and I will start to giggle, giggle after giggle then everything turns okay. I am such a sucker eeh?
So how have you been?

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Very good already that his doll does look like a doll.

NomadicMom said...

Sweetiepie - S1 did say that it looks like a Voodoo doll too!

Moonlight Tears - Aiya...when he pujuk pujuk so much, have to GIVE IN lah. Hehehe... Skali he donwan to pujuk already how?? But then hor...I am also a softie lah...heheheheh

wmd - voodoo doll or just doll...don't care lah. Pass up liow! Hurray!!!

bp said...

Hahaha! Thanks for the laughs! I thought it's more dracula, and then after the refinement, it's less of a "scary" theme!

Still, kudos to your son, for all his efforts, sewing and dolls aren't quite boy things!

NomadicMom said...

bp - Actually, Dracula also around during Victorian Times, right?
Considering how bad in sewing I am, I think he did okay lah...

T's mom actually went to school to ask them to change the curriculum from making dolls to something like wooden trains. But her suggestion was turned down flat!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker