Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly...

The Good...
This is what I got yesterday....

A new Nokia N76!

Before you ask why do I need another NEW phone.....
Well, previously I was using a Nokia N80 or was it N81 (Aiya..Cannot remember lah. The one that is older lah..not the new canggih one). The phone had a software problem whereby it would just hang. Nevermind lor hor. I just turn off and then restart the phone, and usually it will be back to normal. Then one day, the screen just went BLANK. Not the usual hang that restarting will solve the problem. I could receive calls. But I just can't SEE what was calling. Nor could I call out as I couldn't get to my Contacts List. All I could do was receive calls. Couldn't SMS. Cannot see screen of course cannot SMS lah.... So, then H lent me his N95. Errr.. I dropped it a couple of times (luckily got the protector-thingy) and I think he scared of me liow...Decided to buy me my own phone.

I thought he was alittle weird and sneaky when we went to the mall yesterday and he said "you go do your thing. I wanna jalan abit upstairs". But I didn't think much and went to ACE Hardware to get some light bulbs. He came to meet me, and then said "Nah! Your new phone". "No wonder you soooo kwei-shue lah...", I said.
Then he replied "I don't want you to come what. If you come, sure kacau-kacau and say don't want lah. No need lah. And we sure end up leaving the shop without buying the phone!"
Heee..heee..It is true. We have gone to the Nokia phone shop many times already. Each time, I''ll say NO NEED or DONWAN. So...have to be careful so as to not drop it tooooo many times! H said "knowing you, you'll probably start dropping it on the floor tomorrow!"...
No. If you are asking... So far so good...

The Bad
Well...H had to leave for Europe and America today.... and won't be back till next Saturday morning. So, boys and I will have to spend the first couple of days of CNY by ourselves. :-(
Bought some fireworks from ACE yesterday, so will keep them and wait for H to come back to light them up...

The Ugly....
It rained cats and dogs on Thursday night through to Friday afternoon. Not your average drizzle. It was real HEAVY Rain. Boys left for school on Friday as usual...by about 11 am, I got a call to say that the after-school actities were cancelled due to the heavy rain. So the buses left at 2.20 pm. At 4 pm, still no sight of the boys. Called the school's bus office, and got the feedback that they are still stuck on the tollroad (the school buses are all fitted with GPS) ......the boys only arrived home at about 4.30 pm. Their shoes were all soaked like hamm-choy (salted vegetables), and S1 told me that the river near to his school is at the brink of overflowing...

H went to work as usual, but was back by 2 pm...as he had reports that the roads behind his office were starting to flood...so he came back early and worked from home. Roads to our house and from our house to the mall were flood-free and clear...
BUT.... the roads to the airport was NOT! It was havoc on Friday...and still is today. H left at 6 AM this morning to catch his 10 something flight. I thought it was way to early...but the roads were still a MESS. The jam was horrendous. He was stuck in the same spot for 1 1/2 hours. As he was bored, called me so many times and woke me up from my slumber... :-P ...Well, he missed his intended flight, and was Q-ing for standby. They told him to go and come back tmrw! Siow or not? Lucky he knew some people, and made some calls. The fact that he had a connecting flight also helped... so, he managed to get on the next flight out.

This country arrr.... really one kind one lah. Donno how to say. H said that the waters had subsided but some unscrupulous people seized the opportunity by barracading one lane with tree trunks etc etc, and tried to direct traffic to get PAID. Something like those jaga kereta boys back home..... How will this 3rd World Country advance? I donno....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no wonder me brother in law sms my loh kung telling him lucky he left ledi if not sure kena the flood! his driver couldn't pick him up so he had to pay for taxi but they hiked up the price 3 times more!

bp said...

Poor thing! Down here there's hail and icestorms and tornadoes to watch out for, but the floods over your end sound really bad, too!

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - Yeah..you hubby left on Thursday. The floods were on Friday. Some not only hike 3 times. Don't have is the TROUBLE.

bp - The floods STOPS everything one leh!!! And I mean EVERYTHING.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker