Friday, February 08, 2008

CNY Happenings??

Actually...NOT happening at all.


With H away, my friend invited boys and I to join her family for Reunion Dinner on Wednesday. There were 2 other families there... It was held in her husband's office rooftop. As their business is in their creative industry, the office was very nicely designed. Exposed brick walls decorated with really really lovely OIL paintings. My S1 saw the paintings on the walls and said to me "mom...you need to practise more!". They actually provide free meals to their staff, ...had a glimpse of their daily menu...NOT BAD. I've been to many staff canteens but this one is really really nice. Looks like a real restaurant with those Kopi Tiam marble tables and chairs...one side are 3 huge Aquariums, another side is a landscaped garden, one side is the kitchen/buffet spread and the fourth side are 2 Pool tables. The toilets are really nice too! My S2 was running all over the roof as usual. Warned him NOT to fly off the edge! Boys enjoyed themselves with unlimited soft drinks and with a game of Pool. The icing on the cake for my S1? Was when my friend's hubby said "Game playing is not all bad"...he's into developing content for 3G now..and feels strongly that the kids these days are the source of ideas !! My S1 was pretty excited and said he'll think of what game concept to develop!

We were gonna vegetate whole day at home on the First Day...but I decided that we should at least get out of the house for Dinner..and we did. Errr...where did we end up? To the mall lor... And Debenhams is having their FINAL 4 days SALE. Of course I have to go look-see. Saw alot of nice BUTTERFLY by Matthew Williamson tops. But thought the price was still NOT that a STEAL. So just bought myself an OASIS Top...70% Off plus an additional 20% Off. Paid RM 28 for it. Quite happy with the purchase!

My RM 28/- OASIS Top

Wanted to jalan more..but S2 was jumping up and down to demand that we go and have dinner NOW! Where did we eat? DUCK KING as usual. Ordered half a Peking Duck, with the meat done in a spring roll thingy; a soup, mantou (S1 absolutely loves this), Fried Eel and another Fried Specialty thingy with Fatt Choy. Couldn't finish all the food...so ta-pau.

Walked abit in the mall....took out my camera and snapped these lighted-up HUGE dolls. Had to chop the boys out of the pics. That's why the dolls are like squashed up.

You can just about see S1's head!

5 comments:

Selba said...

Nice top :)

Oh... Duck King rest. is my mom's favorite place to eat.

Unknown said...

emm the dress is pretty cheap.you really bought a great bargain. :)

NomadicMom said...

Selba - Thanks. Quick Quick...the sale is till the 10th Feb. Lots of good deals with 20% discount on top of the 50 or 70%. And if you pay by HSBC cc, you get a further 5% discount!
Hey... I sound like I am advertising for HSBC!! hee heee...

We like to go to Duck King too. The quality of Food is generally reliable.

NomadicMom said...

Sweetiepie - Not dress. Just a top. Yes..am pretty pleased that I could get it for about US 7.80
:-)

bp said...

Mall is best for retail therapy, and good food, yah?! Nice top, and hey, you purposely chopped off S1, eh? ;p

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker