Tuesday, February 05, 2008

My Friend...

I want to thank everyone for your comments in my "Am I siew-hei post?".

It is not as easy to totally fei (get rid) this friend.
No.1 - We all are in this si-lai (?? no translation for this leh)group that meets once a week/ once a fortnight.
No. 2 - Fellow Malaysian in the school...

Oh yeah...after THE incident on Sunday, I had to meet her on Monday some more!!! It was a makan-makan at another Malaysian's house (school mom). I actually contemplated NOT going. But thought to myself..."Why should I be so kwei-shue? Like I am in the wrong? I will go!" And went I did.

She came and I just said a casual "Hi"...and she offered to get me a drink! I was a bit swei lah. I said "No. Thank You" and the whole time, was talking to other people rather than her. Well, we (plus 3 other chinese moms) are supposed to hold a CNY brunch for the non-chinese and we said either 20th or 22nd of Feb. So, I was discussing with this other mom and brought up 22nd, and she immediately said she is busy on the 22nd. Well, then this mom and I said okay lor..do it on the 20th lah. And then when we have informed the other non-chinese moms, she said "I will let you know if I am free on the 2oth". WTF?? I would have thought that she would be free on the 20th if she sooooo cepat-cepat said that she is busy on the 22nd?? Donno her lah.. Want to be like that. Like that lah. Not free. Not free lah.

The CNY brunch gonna be in my house...at least nobody is gonna say "cii fann yann chue gheh" about my humble abode!!!

I have already minimize my time with this friend since about 6 months ago.

Previously, we would go out for lunch/ jalan-jalan/ manicure/ do our hair / etc etc... But each of those times, there would be some uncomfortable instances......some would be those comments with chi (thorns) but also the type of comments she makes to the wait staff, be it the waitress or the manicurist. I think the manicurist very scared of her. Few times I went with her to the nail bar, she would wait until the girl has completed putting all the whites and top coat etc (for her French ma icure) and then make a big fuss that it's not even. Then they would have to clean up everything and re-do. Usually, you can tell them straight away to even out before they put the top coat ma... I could see that the girls were a piffed with her, but of course didn't say anything. She'll also make sarchy remarks to the wait staff at restaurants for little things. I mean you can tell them off...but the wait staff proabably don't understand the sarchy bits lah.

H and I share one car and driver...so I usually plan my schedule to be such that it would be a time when after the driver drops H at the office and then return home. She has her own car and driver (not sharing with hubby) thus have a car at her disposal at all times. Sometimes, she wants to go somewhere and ajak me to go. I would say "Can. You pick me up lor"... and everytime she comes to pick me up, she would complain so much about the roads to my house being so jam etc etc. So, to avoid listening to her complain, I've stopped asking her to pick me up. I rather NOT go anywhere than ask her pick me up. She actually asked me to watch a String Quartet last week, and offered to send her driver. This was before the incident. I also declined. I TAKUT she complain complain. Rather NOT go.

I am still thinking...contemplating...AM I really deprived of friends? Good friends I mean. I think I really am lor. Living in this foreign land... Make a friend. Find that you are in the same wavelength...and then they have to leave the country. *Sigh* My good Golf Kaki and friend went back to Singapore last December...she hated this place and decided to go home. Her hubby is still here though. With her move, I no more good friend, my S2 no more good friend, my S1 no more crush.

Or you make a friend, find that she is also almost wavelength...and then the more you know her, the more you find little bits and pieces that is not so pleasant. Like my this friend that I have been writing above. So how? Don't get to know someone too well?

Other friends... you meet, you joke. you laugh. you talk talk like old friends,...like best of pals...but are they really your best of pals? Not really lor. So how? Is it me with the problem?

I now have only one good friend here that I can share alittle more than the other "friends". If she also leaves, I am in TROUBLE!!! Okay..not so tai-chann-cheong lah.. I will have to scour the city for a new good friend!! hahahah.. Or I just pour my tears into my blog!! heheh...

6 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Yes, yes, blog it all out.

Looks like this "friend" of yours a bit insecure, or just beginning to enjoy the tai tai life, so must show-off in case people dont know she is a tai-tai! (just my thots!)
The real "rich" never behave like that.

bp said...

I'm all ears too! And looks like this is a good time to ask you to come by, and collect an award... that may cheer you up some!

My Rantings said...

I'll be your friend! :D

It's not so easy to find good friends when we're older but not impossible. I managed to find a few here although it's hard to do things together due to family commitment.

Moonlight_tears said...

Gosh, Hope I am not too late wish you and your family a Happy and Properous Chinese New year!!!!
hahah, yeah I am a very vocal person especially when comes to over indulgence person like that witch!
Well, you are a wonderful person for putting up with her for so long, guess that is something that she will never be. Hope karma is a *itch becoz what goes around comes around. Guess she haven't meet her match yet, hmm wait till she meet me , I am a top notch super *itch too, she will totally regret what she has done to you. Besides, I am sure she really offended many people, so wait and see who will give her back taste of her own medicine.
Yeah, I understand it's hard to ditch her, but we should really give you lots of credit that you have not lose temper on her...
Well, bet most of us here would love to be your friend then, so cheer up...

take care,
Nicole

NomadicMom said...

Stay-at-home Mum - Don't think that she wants ppl to know that she is tai-tai. But she does sometimes bring up things like her hubby is the COUNTRY HEAD etc. Aiya.. he is in his 50s liow, should be up there already what...

bp - Okay..I will pop by to get my award!!! :-D

Dancing Queen - Thanks, Friend!
I do have friends that we can chat over coffee or go do some stuff together,...but not the kind that you can call and pour your heart out kind...At least there's this blog for me to vent out!

Nicole - Never too late! Gong Xi to you and your family too!
I'm actually quite hot-tempered and vocal too. Just donno why I kept quiet for so long. Perhaps, I have this thinking that she is an elder (50 year old woman) and I shouldn't tell her off. Besides, once you are that age, I don't think they can change their ways or character already....
Thanks for being my friend!!! Too bad you are milessssss away...

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha...Blog la.. release tension sikit la!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker