Sunday, February 03, 2008

Am I "Siew Hei"???

I thought that I wasn't gonna do any posting/blogging today. But then hor..something happen this morning. My friend sms-ed me this morning asking me for the nail bar's address. Told her to just call them. I proceeded to just forward the business card from my phone. And that was it lor.

After lunch, I saw that she had sent me another sms saying that she couldn't read my business card. So, I went upstairs, dug out the card, and typed in the address and telephone number for her. And you know what she replied? She said that I am SO KIND TO ONLY send her the number NOW. She has already gone and finished doing her nails. I mean WTF??

This is a Nail Bar that she ALWAYS GO. No doubt that I am the one who introduced her there, but surely she should have all these numbers and contacts with her, right? Considering that she changes her driver every few months? And this is NOT the first time that she keeps sms-ing me for numbers. Why doesn't she keep them in her blardy phone if she goes to these places regularly? I don't sit down next to my phone the whole blardy day waiting for her to sms me to ask for contact numbers, right? And just because I am late in replying, sai-mm-sai like that ah? Talk like yau chi (have thorns) like that. If she really needed the number sooooooo urgently, she could call rather than sms. You say right or not???

Just so fed-up. I sms-ed her back lah. Told her that considering that she keeps changing her drivers, she should have a list of contacts on-hand what. She of course angry lah. Sms-ed me back and said "your comment was uncalled for. I chose the wrong person for help". I just sms-ed her back and told her to re-read her last sms sent to me.

So? Am I siew hei? And over-reacting? I just cannot tahan all this yau-chi comments lah.

Everytime I meet her, sure got some kind of comments one. You know my living room is quite empty up till recently where we bought a few more pieces of furniture. She came and said "ahh..now got more furniture. Chi fann yann chue (more like for people to live)". You mean before it was filled, it's for animals?? But I kept quiet and didn't say anything when she made that comment. And always saying that she doesn't like to come to my house as it is very jam lah. The roads very narrow lah etc. The drains outside my house very messed up la. My house is much smaller than hers lah. Smaller than this other lady's lah. Most times I will just comment with a "is it? Don't think so. It's about the same lah". Or my Kashmiri carpet is not as soft as hers...

And everytime. I mean everytime without fail, when the ladies in the group (this group of Asian ladies that get-together for some classes and makan-makan) talk about their age, and with me being the youngest in the group (I am 36 and the rest are from 40 onwards)...she'll say "she's the youngest lah. She not layak to join the group one". Everytime, I will just grin and keep quiet. So unlike me!!! Perhaps she likes to joke in this way. Once. Twice. Okay. But everytime is very sien leh.

I have a part-time (actually much much less than part-time) consulting job. And she would comment "You? Sure won't work long one lah". Do I look like a lazy arse?? Got work. I work lah. No work, then?? I mean sure. I enjoy going to the spas and massages and facials. But that doesn't mean that I don't also enjoy doing some proper work, right? I may not look like it. But I surely can don on safety coveralls, shoes, helmets and the works to climb distillation columns, when work demands it.

I am also a Vegetarian on both the 1st and 15th of the lunar month... and again, she'll announce to the group "yeah. she sik-chai one. She don't look it hor??" If got look for you to see...then this world, you can suss out who are the bad guys liow lah.....

This is also the same friend that didn't inform me that the place we are meeting was closed, and made me travel all the way to the place. I had to sms her to ask her where she was. Read more.

I am wondering to myself.
Am I so deprived of friends that I am keeping this friend because of that?
You tell me..... am I siew hei?? Or me being cheesed-off is justified???

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't waste ur time with friends like these la. just one of those ppl who keep friends they can feel more superior than, for whatever means.
waste time and energy only

v

Anonymous said...

hahaha ...
don't be angry lar .. cny coming .. so happy happy ok? :)

stay-at-home mum said...

If I were you, I would try to limit my time with her. frens like her not worth it!!

Moonlight_tears said...

Hi there,
have been reading your blog for a long time and have always been a silent reader. Anyways, this one particular posting really pissed me off, your so called friend is not worthy at all. And no your are not Siew Hei, I would be that way too. Dump you freind, the most that you will only lose a friend but will will gain your freedom! She is really not worthy of your time and friendship, plus her blabber mouth. She is such a nincompoop *itch! =)
I am so rootinmg for you to dissed her like an old sack of potatoes.. opps. sorry that I am too vocal. haha
well, you take care yeah!!!

Nicole

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Definitely not siew hei. How you tahan so long ah?

Anyway, wishing you and your family a very Happy Year of the Rat!!

My Rantings said...

How come I don't have friends like that? Cos I have long time kicked them away. I cannot stand such ppl, therefore when they show me their perangai, I cepat cepat ignore them.

Don't be lou hei la...you don't need them. Have less to do with her & enjoy your life.

Kong hei fatt choi! :D

Anonymous said...

Wah, Nomadic Mom very the angry man!

Actually, if I have a friend like that, I also don't want. In fact, people do take advantage of me because I give all the time and then get egg on my face so I can fully empathise with you.

Go have a kopi peng! Chill and don't worry about others!

Ya, easier said than done, I know, I know. I also have something to rant about! Hehehe

Unknown said...

I have this kind of fren too.I felt heartpain when my fren talk to me like that.I live in an apartment with 2 bedroom only.My what so call fren frist time visit my house give alot of bad comments.Don't be angry now ya.Take care

Anonymous said...

Alamak...this kind of friend is like bad debt write off. That's what I call ppl like that in my life. If they don't enrich your life, but go out to make it more miserable so she can feel better about herself, write them off. Life is too short.

Anonymous said...

hmm.. really unlike you to keep quiet lor

mksy

laundryamah said...

tell her to FO la! shit man! pui! dump her right away! u dun join these si lais oso em sai sei la! pui!

Jonzz said...

Actually I think the one who is siew hei is not you, it is HER.

Sad case lar, sometimes if got this kind of friend. It's still your choice whether to stick around them or not.

sting said...

I think she says mean things coz she is jealous loh... so in order to "stay" popular within the group, she has to make someone else look bad so got topic mah.. sigh.. forget her lah, no point waste time and energy...

btw here's wishing you and your family a very Happy Chinese New Year :-)

NomadicMom said...

Firstly, want to thank everyone for your support and telling me I am NOT siew hei. Feels much better now...

V - I don't really go out with her much already.

Misha's Mum - I know. But you know how it is when it happened. Sure want to vent.

Stay-at-home Mum - I already limit time with her in the last 6 months liow...

Nicole - Thanks 4 your vocals....Difficult to totally NOT see her if I still go to those Si-Lai lunches.. But I guessed like Laundryamah says...not joining them Mmm-wui-sei-geh...

WMD - Think this Slooooow country has taught me to be sabar??? I "fai-see" fight with her lah...

Dancing Queen - Before that, don't know she will continue with her "yau chi" talk aaaaaalll the time leh. Sometimes, the more you know a person, the more you find out you don't like about them.

Judy - Yes. Yes. Easier said than done lor... And guess what? I met her on Monday wor... post about it later..

Sweetiepie - Next time, DON"T INVITE HER again!!!

Anonymous - DIfficult to totally write her off. But I already minimize time with her since 6 months ago....

MKSY - Yeah. tell me about it hor... I keep quiet??? Unlike me. Unlike me.

Laundryamah - I don't join all the time also. They meet more frequently to do beading which I have not done. So... I just go when I please lor...

Jonzz - I know it's still my choice. But not so easy to totally dis her lah...

Sting - Jealous about what wor?? She is like a big big kakak lah.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker