Tuesday, July 08, 2008

AWOL??

No. Have not gone AWOL since my last post on Wednesday.... Just that I've been pretty tied-up.

Graduation Ceremony
Last Thursday (3rd July), S1 had his Graduation Ceremony at school.
Why Graduation Ceremony?
It's the LAST year in Primary School, and is a significant milestone for the kids.
When the kids return to Year 7 in August, it'll be a whole new world in the Secondary School. New teachers, new uniforms, new schedules, new classes, new ways of learning and much more.
The kids sang two songs, and I don't know why I got so emotional......I teared up!!!!
My baby is growing up real fast!!

Visit from Sisters...
Two of my sisters , D and M came for a short visit. They arrived on Saturday morning @ 8.20 AM. I actually wanted to send the driver with a SIGNPOST to pick them up; whilst I zzzz till late. But then decided that I should pick them up from the airport instead.
Not that I wanted to be a GOOD sister....just that I've made an 11 AM appointment for FACIALS @ the Boenga Spa...and thought that if I were to sleep-in and wake up at 10 AM, it seems very PIGGY to be sleeping again at 11 AM during my facial! Heeee....

Picked them up together with the boys, and then headed to Pancious for pancakes. Chomped down our yummy, savoury and sweet pancakes....and then headed to the Spa. Had the driver send the boys home. Obviously, they played games till their eyes popped out while I was out with the girls. {H? Oh...he went to Germany/USA on Wednesday (3rd) and only got back on Monday (7th)} After our facials, we head off to a nearby factory outlet....Both the girls bought stuff. Then it was to the mall. We had late lunch @ Duck King, checked out some Monsoon outfits that were on sale, changed some currency, D purchased stuff from NEXT for her boys, and then off to our 1 1/2 hour foot reflexology sessions at Wellness. By the time we were done, it was already 6.30 pm... Luckily, I made plans to have dinner at home, otherwise I don't think we'll be back till late. It's really like those tours whereby you don't get to check-in to the hotel till much much later in the night. :-)
Had a tabletop BBQ out on the terrace. No REAL BBQ as H not around to start the fire, and do the cooking...

Sunday, 6th - I started-off the day by being the GOOD mommy. I brought the boys to our regular Sunday tennis lesson at 8 AM. But as H wasn't around, we only did 1 hour instead of the usual 2 hours. Got home, showered and was out of the door by 10.15 AM ... dragged the boys along to have brunch with us....and then sent them home to their PS2/computer games/etc... S2 wanted to follow us for shopping...but NO WAY would we want him to tag along and grumble the whole time!!!
Where did we go shopping?
I had BIG plans of taking the girls to FOUR different malls, and then dinner at Lara Djonggrang.
BUT. BUT. BUT...we only ended up in ONE!!!
We were at Senayan City at about 11ish AM....The whole place was on SALE. We popped into Gucci and BV....just to look-see lah. M saw a bag at BV that she really liked. And guess how much it costs?
USD 6,500!!!
She HAD to like THE LIMITED EDITION one. :-) Of course didn't buy lah! Gila meh???
We popped into Banana Republic...almost bought a very nice green top. Thought that it was 50% off at USD 25. But the cashier said it was USD 38. Bleah!!! Didn't want to buy liow. No shiok leh... D bought a top for herself and her hubby from Massimo Dutti. The next stop was Ted Baker. Normally, I would NOT be able to afford Ted Baker... but they had some SPECIALS....Picked out a very nice green dress. I thought the discounted price of USD 65 was pretty good (the original price was over USD 135).... and when I went to pay for the dress, the cashier said "Eh? This should be USD 43. Let me check". Wah!!! I was soooooooo happy!!! What a good deal!!! D also went on to buy a black and white dress. But hers cost USD 54...still a good deal considering the original price is about USD 150!
After all the hard work shopping, we went to have coffee and donuts at J.Co. Between the three of us, we gobbled down 1/2 dozen of donuts.
Then it was time to walk-off those calories in Debenhams. Did we buy anything???
Of course!!!
SALE IS ON.
I managed to get a Warehouse top (also green) and a black Betty Jackson dress. The dress was also a pretty good deal. From over USD 140 reduced to USD 43!!! D@mn shiok!!!
The two girls also bought quite alot...enough to give me 2 x 30 minute facials at Clarins. We did have a whole load of fun...especially when three of us squash up in a fitting room. :-)
By about 5 ish...our feet were killing us. We needed a rest. So we went to have a hair spa at the salon. It's like a traditional creambath except that Loreal products are used. The head/shoulder/arms are massaged for an hour... NICE!
Then we were off to have dinner at Lara Djonggrang. Wrote about this restaurant many moons ago. The food is okay...but I like the ambience. But donno why, this trip there, I was a bit "kiah-kiah" (scared-scared)....probably due to M and D's remarks!

Monday, 7th - We started early. 9 AM appointment at KooKoo Nail. The three of us had French manicure and pedicure. We then head off to Grande for the girls to get some batik stuff. We had lunch at Popeye's (Yup. Fast food) and D bought more stuff for her boys from NEXT. After our visit to another factory outlet (more purchases by the girls!!!), we had ice-creams and coffee at a French restaurant. It was then time to pick the boys up for their Mandarin class. Dropped them off and we were off to the Spa again. This time, M and I did the body scrubs and D had facial accupressure. We then went to have a delicious dinner at Abuba Steakhouse. The girls ended the night with a full-body massage from my regular masseuse.

Tuesday, 8th - Girls left the house for the airport at approx 9.15 AM. Seems like a whirlwind trip of shopping and spa.
Hope you girls enjoyed yourselves!!!

M was saying that I could SLEEP IN today after they leave for the airport.....but I was out of the door NOT 5 minutes later. My friend came to pick me up for our usual Tuesday Scrapbooking session....which then resulted in an impromtu cinema trip. Supposed to watch GET SMART...but as there were 9 of us, we couldn't get tickets....so we split up. I took 4 kids to watch HANCOCK instead. Quite funny lah.

Now, I have S1's friend for a sleepover... will see how hectic or docile tomorrow will be....

:-)

p/s Will post my BEAUTIFUL purchases in my next post.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo..can't wait to see those bargains!!!!!

damn syiok to shop without kids lerr.....i cannot wait for my turn!!!

Anonymous said...

oopss. almost forgot to congratulate S1!!!!!! Big boy...secondary, big step next!!!

new set of challenges!!! (for you!!!)

Anonymous said...

congratulations to S1 .. waaah .. big boy already ar .. sec school now :) hehehe

stay-at-home mum said...

hey! why everything in green ~ got fancy dress party coming up is it?? Shrek or incredible hulk?? hahaha! Sorry, just had to get it out of my system. Actually I like green too!!

It is a luxury to shop, go to the spa, massage, mani and pedi without the kids and for a few days ~ I am so JEALOUS!!

Congrats to S1 on his graduation!!

Cant wait to see your pics.

mommy of 3 angels said...

wah so shiok now sale season ah???

Jealous with a big "J"

NomadicMom said...

Mott - Soon. Soon. Haven't taken the pix yet lah. Been sooo tired. Got to recuperate a little bit! :-D

Mott - Yeah. Time flies man!! But he still behaves very much like a little boy....which is good. Don't want him to grow up toooooo fast.
New challenges EVERYDAY, right??

Misha's Mum - Actually, I am a little scared for him...since he is like soooo tidak apa like that!

SAHM - Probably got some of those GAMMA rays the other day...when I went to watch HULK. Hahahahha...
The greens were very nice wor...

M3Angels - Yup. Everywhere also sale. Just like Malaysia, Singapore and the rest of Asia!!! WHole of Asia having some sort of a sale leh.

Leena said...

wah wah wah...damn syiok. can't wait to see those stuffs you bought. Here also everywhere on sales now.

NomadicMom said...

Shern's mom - Posting now...

slavemom said...

Congrats to S1! As the kids grow bigger, we hv more things to worry rite? Not the other way round, unfortunately. :)
Wow... wat a great pampering n shopping sessions with ur sisters. *green with envy liao*

NomadicMom said...

Slavemom - Yes. That's true. You worry about different kind of things. Peer Pressure, emotional changes, girlfriends, smoking, sex, drugs....the list goes on!! Hopefully, I raise my boys well enough that they will steer away from the dangerous stuff!!

And it sure is a fun time hanging out and shopping with my sis. :-)

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker