Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nice Things...

Thought I should post about pleasant stuff this time round...
:-)

TGIF
In the normal school term, Fridays are not that fun for me... as it means that I would have the boys FULL TIME over the weekend. But since it's the Summer holidays now.. everyday is the same....including Fridays. Just that I took boys over to Kidzania last Friday with some friends. I got the boys checked-in and proceeded to Starbucks for a latte and a quiche. So early wor... Had to have my breakfast lah... We were there at 8.50 AM for the 9 AM - 2 PM session. Hung out at Starbucks till lunchtime...then proceeded to Ah Tuan Ee's for lunch (Yup..they opened a branch here...or maybe a franchise) with some fellow mommies. Before you know it. It's already 2 PM and we had to go pick up our monsters. While waiting for the boys to emerge from the EXIT, saw a friend with bags of shopping. There was a sale in the departmental store and she managed to get Monsoon stuff at 70% off. So...of course I dragged boys with me to check-out on the sale! 

I managed to get two pieces from Monsoon for about USD 50/-. 

Corduroy Jeans

Patterned Top

Quite pleased with my purchases... and rewarded boys with Yogen Fruz ice-cream for "behaving" while I searched for bargains. ;-)

Playdate
Both S1 and S2 each had a friend over on Saturday for a playdate.... 
Baked a batch of cupcakes for the boys' teatime snack.  S2's friend, J really loved them and had 3 cupcakes. I gave him an additional 2 cupcakes to take home. BOY! Was he happy!!!

Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Butter Icing

Balik Kampung
Am packed and sorta ready to fly back home tomorrow.... 
Donno why? Perhaps it's my WHACKO pre-menstrual hormones doing funny things... Am missing H already. This is SIOW!! I have not even gone yet. 
DUH??!?!?!?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the top.

have a good trip home!

Anonymous said...

How do you get your frosting to be so white??

D

Mamapumpkin said...

Mmmmmm.....yum-yum!

sting said...

that's quite a good bargain ya.. a happy day for the kids and mummy! :-)

Irene said...

wah shopping queen! have a good trip home! o.O

allthingspurple said...

hi , i bloghopped from mumsgather, or was it momdadchat?
anyhow, love the cupcakes icing. How did you make it so white and thick? I could never get mine so thick or so white. its whipped cream icing, is it not?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NomadicMom said...

Wen - The top actually looks nicer than my photo... And thanks

D - When you beat the butter, the butter will become kinda pale what...
(Actually, you can also buy uncoloured butter. Did you know that the yellow is added in the olden days to distinguish between lard and butter???)

Big Pumpkin - also fat fat!!!

Sting - Yeah..both kids and mommy happy!! hahahah

Zekerene - No lah..me not that much of a shopping queen lah..

AllThingsPurple - No. Actually it's butter icing. As you beat, the colour gets paler and with the added icing sugar, it gets whiter. Actually, mine is not that thick as I reduce the amount of icing sugar, and thus not so good if piped.
Those that you see in the shops, it's a whole lot of icing sugar...the ratio of butter to icing sugar is 1:2. Yes alot... I usually go 1:1 or less..so not really pipeable.

bp said...

Nice clothes! The boys must have licked up all the frosting from your yummy muffins!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker