Monday, July 21, 2008

Makciks

Remember I talked about these fellow countrywomen?? ("Not Patriotic" Post, 23 April 2008)
I don't mean to be against them but I tell you..... really don't want to have anything to do with them lah. I am DONE being courteous and trying to be a fellow countrywomen! Alot of them involved us Ah Sohs more of a "might as well" or "after-thought" kind of thing. It's like the International Day...they've decided amongst themselves and then JUST call and PRETEND to have a meeting.
GEEZ...
Let me tell you about this recent incident.... There was a planned Farewell for a few of the Makciks....and one of the Ah Soh friend called to inform me.... Contemplated of NOT going but didn't want to be the STUCK-UP one. So baked a batch of cupcakes to bring along.
Guess what???
After travelling for about 45 minutes through horrible bad bumpy road and at the front door of the hostess house, I was told by the maid that she's gone to Australia the day before!!!
OF course I called the Ah Soh friend...who was on her way....
LO and BEHOLD....
The Farewell Brunch was CANCELLED. All the Makciks were informed....but not the Ah Sohs..
Can you imagine my frustration???
Of course I was P!SSED!!! What do you think?
Told my Ah Soh friend (who is rather close with those Makciks....and yet they didn't bother to inform her!!!!!!!) that please don't INFORM me about any dos that are being hosted by the Makciks or involving the Makciks.
I really have HAD ENOUGH of all these Makciks "PRETEND" hospitality towards the Ah Sohs. No wonder the many many other more experienced Ah Sohs do not get involved with this bunch!

BTW, this happened last week...so I'm definitely cooled down!!

:-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AI CHEH!!!!!!!!

blady makciks..not courtesy!

BLEARRGH!

Nomadic Mom no give face anymore! Cis!

LHS said...

alamak...really got this kind of makciks!!!

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Reading it is enough to piss me off. What manners they have?! So what happened to those cupcakes??

Irene said...

dungus!

Anonymous said...

yerrr u summore so nice bake cupcakes...ptui!

NomadicMom said...

Mott - Yeah man...donwan to be courteous liow...

Huisia - Now you know got!

WMD - I got the Ah Soh friend over to share out the cupcakes lor.

Zekerene - We are not their "real friends" maa....

Laundryamah - Yeah lor..next time, me NO go liow.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker