Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Not Patriotic

That's me. Not a patriot and definitely a spoilt brat. Hahahahah

Remember my last post ? Well, now I don't have to join these makan-makan anymore...cause I probably won't be invited again. hahahahaha... Wanna know the full story?
The Malaysian moms from school were meeting today at 3 PM to discuss for the Malaysian stall for International day. Meeting was held at one of the mom's house. I volunteered to just record minutes and send emails etc. Nothing more. As S1 was ill today (fever of 39.9 deg C last night! And didn't go to school, he tagged along with me.
As expected, a roomful of moms with different opinions etc...resulted in a bit of a chaos. So you can imagine me trying to grasp different ideas and ever-changing opinions. But all revolving around having a Malay wedding etc. etc. This went on for almost 1 and 1/2 hours...then only they decided to have food plus the Malay wedding yadda yadda yadda. Then there's the discussion on who is making what. Another big commotion. During this time, S1 had already came to ask to go home many times. He must have felt restless and tired. So, I turned off my computer and got ready to leave. Then someone said that I couldn't leave like that. I said "why not? My son wants to go already, plus I think I can go anytime right? Since I'm not being paid?" ...at this point, I was still joking kind lah. Then the host said "you ate and drank". Me... still quite jovial, and sat back down to wait for them to finish discussing the food stuff. Someone has already list down the foods on the boards, and one of the items was spring roll...and I said I'll do it..Then they said it's no good. Will be soggy. Someone else suggest Hokkien mee, and I said I don't mind making it if they can provide the thick mee. Then another lady said It's no good. Blah blah blah. All the commotion. Anyway, one of the moms started to 'attack' me ...accusing me that I have not typed anything in my computer and thus have not done my job...blah blah blah. This was probably what ticked me off...as I stood up and this time I was very mad.
I was not paid to do this and neither am I THAT proud to be a Malaysian that I MUST do this for the Malaysian stall. And yes. I am that spoilt that I CANNOT take this kind of shit from people. I thanked the host for her food and whatever, said a LOUD BYE to all the ladies, shouted for S1 and left.
When I went back home, of course I was b!t#hing to H like there's no tomorrow. The first thing I asked H was if he had to grease any of those ladies' hubbies in his work....hehehehe.. Luckily no need! Phew! What a relief! :-)
Think I am getting old...I am really NOT in the mood to be nice or to go the extra mile to be "part of a group". Do I want to pretend that I am fluent in BM and "act" like I am really enjoying myself in such gatherings? Seriously, I don't really care for the Malaysian stall. Now I lagi not happy...the long session has resulted in a weaker S1. He went to bed at 7.30 pm...
So... looks like I won't be called to do anything for the Malaysian stall nor invited to any more of makan-makan with this clique! Heeeheheheh..
Please don't get me wrong. I am not depressed.

8 comments:

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

actually I noticed that for myself, as i grow older i am tired of trying to be part of a group which I cannot find the chemistry and I stop trying to give one cent or two cent smiles just to be in a company.

So it is not a case of not being patriotic or problem child or bad. You are just being true to yourself.

Anonymous said...

Waaah, what kind of women you have to mix around with nowadays? Nothing to do with patriotism la. Your poor son sick, I can't believe these bunch of ahso, behave so low class.

Sounds like a bunch of brainless expat wives who makes a big whoo haa over trivial matters. I have to say, they really need to get a life :p

KL

Anonymous said...

What kind of hostess is that to say this ...."you ate and drank."
So calculative and inconsiderate. You have a sick child that needed to rest @ home. Sorry you don't have much friend there...but in my opinion better not to have friends if they are these kind of siu hei expat tai tai. They do need to get a life.

bp said...

I hope S1 is feeling better now. Don't say him, with all the opinions, and commotion going on, I would have felt tired and restless, too! It must have been a relief for him and you when you finally got up and left.

But no lah, don't call yourself not patriotic. You did your part being there to take minutes, and also offered to cook this and that. Just that this is one of those situations where indeed, too many cooks do spoil the broth, and think you were smart to opt out of the chaos!

LHS said...

not depressed...hehehe..then good..

NomadicMom said...

WMD - Yeah...just don't have the energy. Actually, can't be really bothered lah. As long my family all A-O-K...no need to care about anything else, especially "pretend friends".

KL - Not Ahsoh...more of makciks. They want to make the Malaysian stall the BEST!!!! Actually hor, I am damn scared that skali I become like THOSE women who fuss about clothes, hair, looks etc etc. *Shudders*

Anonymous - I felt so bad because I "ate and drank". WHen I was b&t@hing to H, I told him that I almost wanted to PUKE it all out to feel better!!!

bp - Yup! Too many cooks spoil the broth... :-)
Thanks for asking. S1 is feeling much better. He went to bed early that night and that was a good rest.

huisia - No lah.. Not depressed. Not worth to be depressed about.

sting said...

so that's what you meant when you said "shouted at one of the ladies"!! hehe! good for you! :-) wished I could see their face..

NomadicMom said...

Sting - I was so p@ssed off that I didn't bother to look at their faces lor.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker