Thursday, April 17, 2008

Rojak Post....

Abit Bleah
Feeling bleah these few days. Donno why. Perhaps because so many bills to pay. My insurance is due. My tenant (for our BU house) just moved out.....not only we have to pay our mortgage without the rent, we'll have to return the 2 months deposit to the tenant....Plus I'm told that there are termites in my house. So more $$ for termite treatment amongst other repairs. Plus think my PMS also contributed to the blues...

Women Today
This week...I tried out Latin Salsa and Belly Dancing at the gym. Boy! Am I glad that I was born in an era that does not confine women to being dancers or harem girls. I saw myself in the mirror...I was blardy horrendous. Like a see-char-thau like that. Cannot believe how stiff I was. No fluidity at all. If I remember my foot steps, I cannot remember my hand movements. And vice-versa. Aduh!!!!

Driver Fiasco
Okay...not exactly a fiasco.
H's secretary did confront the driver. But he feigned innocence. If he is smart, he'll know that the company does re-check when claims look out-of-line. And hopefully will do his next timesheet more honestly.
Actually,...he is abit thamm-summ lah. Even if he add one or two hours a day will net him 25-50 hours, and won't draw too much attention. He added sooooo many hours till the claims was 4.5 times more than his pay. Of course, alarm bells will ring out LOUD.
I asked H if he talked to the driver...he said "No. He's been warned. And if he does it again, he'll have to go". I hope that idiot does smarten up. Really dread getting a new driver. But then...knowing what he did, I was abit cold towards him today.

H's New Toy
Not exactly new......as it was delivered last month, before our HK trip.
Was hoping that I could put it in the upstairs living area...but it was too big. When the guys were assembling the legs, I thought..."hey...not that big". Then the fella said, another meter was gonna jutt out from either ends. ALAMAK! Then it'll have to stay down. I had to move my sitting area to one end of the living room...making my wooden carvings on the wall all skewed. I was so upset that I was grumpy and argumentative. So...temporary solution was to bring them down and reposition in another part of the living room (which I have yet to do).

One of the wooden carvings that is still sitting on the floor

Gonna hang this 1.5 m carved mirror on the wall behind the Pool Table. Bought this for less than RM 200 from a Malaysian friend that went back to KL last December. Yup....this mirror has been on the floor for 4 months. (Wei? Why the pix so small ar??)

So...next thing to do is to call up a handyman with GREAT big power tools to hang up all my woodies...

Tidy Up

Bought this little shelf two weeks ago (was lazy to take a photo until now) to tidy up a little corner of my room. For the longest of time, all the contents in this shelf sat on the floor. Yup. Magazines, CDs, paperbags, shopping bag, medicine box etc. You can imagine the mess...and the dust collecting under this mess. So much tidier now....

4 comments:

bp said...

Good that your driver knows he can't get away with his blatant cheating. I hope the termites problem and all the "loose ends" house stuff get worked out soon... know how you feel, when things are dangling, that we just wish can get round to them soon!

I like your new shelf, and how tidy you've kept your things. I have lots of things on our floor that I haven't got round to sorting out!

Btw, concerning the Sweet(est) Smile(s) tag, I've just included a bit of info (in red) in my post to basically let you and the others know it could be smiley faces, or smiles, like what bloggers who've done the tag, posted. But I guess anything that brings smiles should work nicely!

Looking forward to seeing yours =). Thanks!

stay-at-home mum said...

Wah! Big house! If I have a pool table in my house, it would have to be in my bedroom, and I would have to be sleeping on it?? Sure would spice up my life wouldnt it? Haha!

NomadicMom said...

bp - I sure hope he knows he can't get away, and will be more honest now.

My mom's helping me out with sorting out the house repairs.

Okay. Will do the tag soon...

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - My house is considered small liow...When ppl come to my house, the first thing they say is "HOW COSY!!".

And....the Pool table? *Wink* *Wink*
kekekekek....notti thoughts???

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker