Friday, April 25, 2008

Double Bummer....

WARNING!!!

Yucky post coming up!

Bummer No. 1...... I have a yeast and bacterial infection. Where? There lor!!! Bleah... I think I kept my Tampax-in a little toooo long. Why do I suspect this was the culprit? On the last day, when I removed the tampon, I thought it didn't feel too right. And the next day, it was a weird feeling. I wouldn't say it was painful nor itchy. Just weird. The next day, it got worse...started to sting when I pee. Then I knew I was in trouble.... Bleah. Called the clinic to make an appointment. No female doctor available. Not that I am afraid of male doctors. My previous two gynaes (in KL and Singapore) were both men....but somehow I don't feel comfortable having a LOCAL ethnic male doctor looking into my missy down there. So only went to see the female GP this morning. She's quite a nice lady....very patient and would explain in detail. She confirmed that there is an infection...but took a swab anyway. And whilst I was there, I asked her to give me a Hepatitis A jab as well, and to take a blood sample for my cholestrol and Hep B antibody levels.... Might as well, right? Kill 3 birds with one stone!! I didn't wait for the results. Took the meds and left.

In the evening, the doc called me.... my blood work showed that my white blood count was high...confirming my bacterial infection. The good news is that my Hep B antibody count was also high. So...NO need to take a jab for Hepatitis B for another 5 years at least. Doc will call me again in a week's time to check if the meds that she gave me is working, and to give me the results of the culture from the swab.

Here comes Bummer No. 2 ....my total cholestrol is a tad high. And so is my bad cholestrol. Bleah bleah bleah. Looks like I need to REDUCE intake of high cholestrol foods.

Actually, must get H to check his cholestrol levels too. I'm sure his are also high. He eats more junk than I do.

No more Siew-Yoke. No more Lamb Shank. No more Tau-Yue-Bak.

Instead, Salads? Steam Fish? Broiled Chicken Breast??

10 comments:

My Rantings said...

Hope you get well soon.... :)

stay-at-home mum said...

Oats, oats, oats - they helped reduce my cholesterol! And lots of cardio excercise. also dont stress yourself too much, that can make your cholesterol level go haywire too! Breathe in Breathe out!! Oommmm....

A Mature Student said...

Are you definite that it is tampons left in 'there' too long? I have a tendency of doing that especially when I am at work. Aiyoh, better don't pray pray next time.

Sometimes, salads is rather nice. I also like plain steamed fish with rice. Have more oats.

NomadicMom said...

Dancing Queen - Thanks. I hope so too!

SAHM - Aiyo... I don't like oats wor. How like that? Cardio exercise ...okay lah. Been doing that quite regularly.

Clockwise - Quite sure about that...cause on the last day (actually, almost finito already but used a tampon anyways to try to soak up all the remnants lah), when I removed the tampon, I thought it felt really odd. Pretty uncomfortable....
Salads with LOTs of dressing is nice. Plains one? Uh-No lor.
Wa...chamm...don't like oats.

sting said...

take care and get well soon ya.. I'm supposed to take a blood test a couple of months back but had been delaying it.. sigh.. should go soon..

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

no more seafood and dim sum too hor. Oats help.

NomadicMom said...

Sting - It's the getting there is the hurdle isn't it?

WMD - Aiyo.... I lurve seafood and dim sum and hate oats wor. How?

bp said...

Hope your cholestrol levels will be back to normal in no time. Meanwhile, take care, and where there's a will... you can do it!

Leena said...

Aiyo, the other day I had the same problem. Mine lagi teruk, took 2 courses of vaginal insert to clear it.
Women are so prone to infection, seldom hear men say they got itchy penis also?? Damn it.

NomadicMom said...

bp - hope so. hope so...

Shern's mom - Wa. 2 courses is quite teruk. Maybe you left it till too late before you saw the doc.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker