Monday, April 07, 2008

Hong Kong - Part 3

Hong Kong - Part 1

Hong Kong - Part 2

Day 3 (Easter Sunday, 23rd March)

The original plan for this day was to tag along C & family to church. Their oldest boy, T is the Altar boy. After the 1 hour service, we'll all go for yum char. Thereafter, the plan was to catch a ferry to one of the surrounding islands for cycling, sightseeing, eating etc....

Notice I mentioned "original" in the last paragraph???? As with all plans, this plan did not go according to plan. Last minute, K's cousin decided to have his chamm-char ceremony on this particular day. C was upset with this last minute arrangement.....blah blah blah...and the re-arrangement of the plans etc. We told them that it was okay. Forget about yum char. We could get around by ourselves, while they attend the tea ceremony after church. But C was upset with the last minute notification, and was adamant to boycott the chamm-char ceremony.

Anyway, by the time I woke up, C has already gone to church and back, with her youngest. And K was just about to take the two older boys, T and B to church. The new plan was that she would take us yum char, and then meet up with K& boys after they were done with church and chamm-char ceremony for our trip out to the islands.

BUT...BUT...BUT... Even this new plan did not go according to plan.

Donno what was wrong with me... but I woke up with jello for legs. Plus belly upset.....accompanied by runs to the loo. I tell you....I felt ULTRA 'orrible!!! From the bed, I migrated to the sofa in the living room....still in my PJs. Was feeling cold too! Dragged the duvet out too. Practically hibernated on the sofa for eternity.

C said that I must have lanng-chan (gotten cold?) when we were caught in the rain the day before. I supposed that is true......at Disneyland, with the off-on rain, I kept on shouting at the boys to put on their raincoats etc... and not really doing so for myself. Also, donno if it was the change of water (you know how we always travel with a bottle of water from home when travelling with babies???) that made my belly act-up, or was it due to eating at a not-so-clean establishment the day before? Remember my porridge breakfast? Whatever the reason it may be....I really felt like SH!T. But then, luckily it was me....and not the boys that is feeling like SH!T.
I was really feeling like jello.... took panadol and Po Chai pills, and continued to hibernate on the sofa. Told H to go ahead and bring the boys out. But he wanted to wait for my medication to kick in and to see if I would be well enough to leave the apartment for lunch. NO way I could make it out to the islands. Weather was okay today. Cloudy...which makes a great day out for cycling and sightseeing.

Waited...and waited...... I was still on the sofa when K came back with his 2 boys. He had gone to church and done with the chamm char ceremony. By this time, I was feeling a wee bit better. My legs has at least stabilised to agar-agar and not jello anymore. Whole world waited for me while I got up, washed and changed.
Again, we head out to Central in the minibus.... 4 adults and 5 boys.
With my "sensitive" condition, yum char was ruled-out. Instead, we went to a char-chann-teng that was located opposite of the famous Yung Kee, near to Lan Kwai Fong. T said that it was his favorite restaurant. Anyway, I had a clear fish ball meehoon soup. Even then, I couldn't finish everything. Just didn't feel like eating.
Aduh! Forgot to rotate again! .... Yung Kee


After lunch, we went to Marks & Spencer and H&M for some shopping........specifically to get some jeans and shirts for S1. Well, you see... I didn't pack our bags until the day before we left. What I found was that 90% of S1's jeans/pants has gotten too short...like up above the ankles. Really really ugly and swaa-koo. Thus, all these were passed to S2. Now, S2 has loads of jeans, pants, long-sleeved shirts, short-sleeved shirts etc etc. Bought 2 pairs of jeans and 2 shirts for S1 (will post pictures of our shopping in another post). The men abandoned us while we were at H&M....but they took the No.2s with them. Where did they go? To one of the bars that's located next to the very very long escalator that connects Central to the Mid-Levels. Met up with them, had a drink (hot water for me, thank you very much!). Whilst the men continued with their drinks, C & I took all the boys home with us. The boys wanted to GO HOME. Asked the boys if they wanted to go on the Star ferry across to Kowloon, and they just didn't want to. They just wanted to GO HOME to challenge each other in their PS2 games. So much of doing touristy things in HK!


We had to continue up the escalator and walk abit to catch the bus. You know my spoilted boys lah.."Why must walk everywhere one?? " was the constant question.
When we got back to the apartment, boys were glued to the TV with their games, and I was back on the sofa. Men came back some time later, and then went out again to buy dinner. KFC for the boys; roast goose and pigeon for the adults. For me? C cooked some porridge, and K steamed a pomfret....which was very fresh and nicely-done.

Again...after dinner, we had Dr. House entertaining us.... :-)

8 comments:

bp said...

Good thing you still got to go out!

Dr House, I miss him too... are the writers back from strike yet? Can't wait for new episodes again!

Anonymous said...

aiyo...poor thing! I hope u feel better now!!!

lucky the boys wanted to go home.if u go on the ferry..it might have made u feel even WORSE!!!

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

the char chan teng opposite yung kee is good :)

My Rantings said...

Hahaha..I couldn't help laughing at the part where you mentioned that your legs had stabilised to agar-agar and not jello anymore! LOL! You are funny! :D

Seriously, too bad that you got sick but you were fortunate to be staying with friends. It might have been worse.

NomadicMom said...

bp - Think now is Season 4, right? We've watched up to Episode 5 so far...

Mott - Definitely better now! Actually, I was pretty glad that they wanted to go home. If I weren't sick, and not so "old", I will probably insist that they do the ferry and other touristy stuff!

Misha' Mum - But I was so bleah that I didn't enjoy my food lor.

Dancing Queen - Agar-agar harder than jello mah. Eh..no joke okay..In the am, my legs were sooooo lembik that I couldn't stand for long leh.
Yeah..lucky staying with friends, if stay in hotel, still have to order room service or organise ta-pau for them.

NomadicMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Mature Student said...

Thank goodness your sickness didn't last long. Really very 'sien' one if sick on holidays. I know, as I was sick on my last two days of my holidays in Malaysia. Want to go out so much also can't, want to eat the last few desired dishes also cannot!!

NomadicMom said...

Clockwise - Luckily lately I am NOT so "wai sik"...otherwise, I sure will moan and groan that I didn't get to stuff myself mad in Hong Kong!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker