Friday, April 04, 2008

Time Warp??

Sometimes I wonder if I am in some sort of a time warp. I still expect prices and cost of things to be at a level that I am used to. H says that I am. As I mentioned before, my youngest sis will be getting married in Melbourne at the end of this year. Thus, the whole clan has to make arrangements to go Down Under. When the topic of the number of rooms required came up in one of the family discussions, I confidently said "Oh. We definitely need a 2-bedroom serviced apartment". Little did I know that rates have escalated quite a bit from the last time we were in Melbourne. I recalled that I paid approximately AUD 130 per night for a very nice 2-bedroom serviced apartment on St. Kilda Road in 2005. Needless to say.... I almost fell off my chair when I found out that the rates for similar accommodation is approximately AUD 250 per night! My immediate thoughts were "Can I squeeze all four of us in a 1-bedroom?". *Sigh* ...So goes the frequent search for hotel deals on the internet. Want to help in my search?

1 comment:

Kim C said...

Hi There,

I'm Kim, a friend of Maureen's. She introduced me to your blog recently and I think your blog is very interesting indeed. :) Anyway, yea, accommodation prices have skyrocketed everywhere. I have a friend who stayed at Punt Hill. Maybe you could try this : www.punthill.com.au . It's not cheap but hopefully it helps as an option.

Ta!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker