Monday, April 07, 2008

Hong Kong - Part 4 (Updated with Pix)

Hong Kong - Part 1

Hong Kong - Part 2

Hong Kong - Part 3

Noticed that I've been reeaaaaalllly cheong-hei in my Hong Kong post. Why-ah? Really getting old or what?

Day 4 (Monday, 24th Mar)

Original Plan for this day is for ALL of us to visit OCEAN PARK...... and this plan went according to plan! :-D

Though my legs were normal, my belly was still not right. Luckily, no rushing to the loo. And I had major gastric problems. Bought a packet of Actal and was chewing that like there's no tomorrow.

All of us...4 adults plus 5 boys packed into their car headed for OCEAN PARK at about 10 am. The sky was bright and clear. Was a good day. WARIOW!!! When we reached there, it was majorly packed....had to join the snaking Q for our tickets. Entrance fee was easier to swallow....can't remember exact figure but HKD 200 + for adults, and HKD 100 + for kids.

They wanted to take the cable car to the other side of the park first...so that was what we did. As we were walking to the cable car station, we passed by a Strong Man stall....basically to test your strength. A certain level of strength will win a prize. K was like "get your H to win you a prize! The last time, I won C a prize." And he proceeded to do it. He did win a little prize this time. A little stuffed toy in the shape of a cow. And then it was my H's turn.

H Hitting with all his might!



Did he win me a prize?

Of course NOT lah. Mine is a weaking lah. T was like laughing...and immediately sang "Uncle H is a weakling...." My boys were like prompting their father to have another go again. H's remark? "mou-hei-chor". Hahahah

Views from Cable Car

Boys were in the Cable Car in front of us...



The boys did quite a lot of rides. The first one was something like a log flume. K went with the 3 boys, B, S1 and S2. His oldest, T was afraid and didn't want to go on it. In fact, he only went on one ride ....much later in the evening. His littlest, J was asleep in his stroller. The boys were soaked from the splashes in the final drop, of course. Luckily, I had a change of clothes for them.


Next was this space-ship ride that goes 360 degrees vertically, and at the top, the space-ships are upside down. S1 went into a ship of his own, S2 went with H and K went with B. C, T, J and I watched from the sidelines. Personally, I hate those that go round-and-round. Gives me a headache! Thus, I don't like those safe Tea Cup rides either. I prefer roller coasters that loop the loops. Boys went on a few more 360 deg rides. Some of the scarier ones, the daddies went with the No.2s. My S1 was happy riding on his own...


What other rides....mmm..there's this runaway train that I went with S1. The dragon which is a roller coaster with 3 loops. Went once with S1 and he went on his own twice. There's the Abyss, whereby you are strapped to a seat with your legs dangling off the ground. The seats are hoisted up, and then it drops....almost like a free fall. S1 and I went on this twice too. There's the Viking...which S1 went on 3 times. These had a height requirement, so only S1 was tall enough.


We did catch the dolphin show.....which I argued with a mainland Chinese. Well, you see...when we arrived at the venue, there were no more seats. But being at the upper-most tier, the view was just as good. I positioned all the boys in the front, against the railing. Then a group of mainland Chinese appeared. And I mean a BIG group. They were all just jostling their way in. I already tolerated for a bit, and then I found that S2 was no longer in front. Panicked abit lah...shouted for him, and then he reappeared...and this group was this jostling jostling pushing pushing. It's like trying to hump me from the back like that. I got really really irritated. Turned my head and shouted at her "Push. Push. Push. Push what?" in Cantonese...then she shouted back at me in Mandarin...telling me that I don't own this place. I automatically switched to Mandarin lah....reiterating the same message ..."Push. Push. Push. Push what? This place is also NOT yours". ...I was pretty loud...and finally she gave up and went elsewhere. K was on my right...and grinned...said that the person on his right was also fighting a mainlander off. H then came over, grinned...and gave me a peck..."Wah..you soooo fierce!". Of course must be fierce lah....

Another Nice View from OCEAN PARK


We left the park about 6.30 pm...got back to the apartment at 7 pm. The maid had already prepared dinner for the boys. We saw that the boys were showered and settled...and then us 4 adults went to Miu Kai (Temple Street) for seafood dinner. I didn't eat much since belly still not that good.... Walked abit through the market and then headed off back.


Tonight....Dr. House did not manage to entertain us as I decided that Stephen King was.... :-)

5 comments:

bp said...

WaRiow! Very ex hor, and so crowded, I also hate the pushing!

Great that you all packed in quite a lot... the boys and their rides especially!

sting said...

you went on those rides?! cool, so brave! :-) and so garang too.. hehe.. good, won't be bullied!

NomadicMom said...

bp - Not ex compared to Disney lah... Luckily, boys did get to go on quite alot of rides...Otherwise sure complain like crazy!

Sting - Wanna show my boy that I am a cool mama! This mama not only know how to nag and scream one!!!! But I do like those loop-the-loops, upside down, free fall ones.
ADRENALIN RUSH!!!

A Mature Student said...

You brought back some memories for me when we were there. Not many photos were taken as we had our son with us who was only 18 mths then.

NomadicMom said...

Clockwise - 18 months would be quite a nice time to go to Disneyland...can recognise the characters and can toddle around! So cute...
How come not many photos? 18 month old...and only child then..sure take picture here. Take picture there, right? Or mommy and daddy busy eating in HK? Hahahha

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker