Friday, August 08, 2008

Do What?

What do we do when we come back to Malaysia?

The No.1 reason that we come back is of course to see my parents....for my monkeys to drive their grandparents crazy until they cannot tahan and ask "when are you all leaving ah???" hehehehehehe....

Other than that...is to meet up with old friends lor. Was quite laid back in the first week. This week...I had to gear-up with my meetings. Met up with friends from school, friends from work, old boss etc. And tomorrow, have a school reunion at the Marriot Hotel. It'll be an eye-opener as I've not seen many of my old schoolmates since I left school like 20 years ago. I was told to be a "member" so that I can get discounted ticket for the dinner. As usual, have to fill-in your particulars...and at the end, there was "Profession". My sister saw it and commented that reunions are for some people to SHOW-OFF...otherwise what's the "Profession" for? What's a stay-at-home-mom like me to write other than HOUSEWIFE???? *Gulp*

I supposed there's shopping to do...not the regular shopping at malls for clothes and such. More of shopping for foodstuff and others like Bak-Kwa, instant noodles, mooncakes, Colgate, books, etc. Not that I can't get them. It's just that it's so much more cheaper here in Malaysia. For example, Bak-Kwa costs about RM 65 per kilo here in MY. If I buy it back home, it'll be about RM 80 for 1/2 kilo.

Actually, I have not bought too many things over here...but somehow, my money is getting less very quickly. Donno spend on what! Maybe the ringgit got wings and fly-away by themselves!!! *Geez*....still got pasar malam kuaci to buy.....

12 comments:

slavemom said...

I think it's 'highly impressive' when u put down Housewife. That's equivalent to Home Minister, no? LOL

My Rantings said...

Are you an AssunTAYrian ah? I'm not but I know they like to correct how we pronounce the word. :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha... dancing queen, you are so right!!

shoppingmum said...

LOL! Profession...mmm...I put n/a last time. LOL!

Anonymous said...

eh u went to the golden jubilee thingy ah??? How was it?

Put "Minister of Home Affairs" lor :)

v

Anonymous said...

got photos to show or not?

Anonymous said...

eh..put la "TAI-TAI"

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH..I tell you...it's the most envious profession ever! I swear...so many friends I know prefer to be Tai-Tai, then working!

WAKAKAKAKAKAKAAKAKAKAKAKAKAAKAKAK

I thot they already had that jubilee thingy..... i wish i could have gone...

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

So did you have a good time at Marriot? After all these years, I finally saw the picture of the current you. Actually no changes at all. Btw, the photos are out in FB.

bp said...

Enjoy yourself, Nomadic Mom, and the boys will too, bonding with their grandparents! =)

Hmm... how about "homemaker"? Coz you not married to the house lah! Hahaha!

LZmommy said...

Profession, I remembered my friend once wrote General Manager. She said she runs the household :)

Hope you are having fun back home :)

sting said...

another suggestion: finance minister :-) kuaci too?! hahahaha... welcome home and have fun ya

NomadicMom said...

Slavemom - I wanted to put "Minister of Home Affairs"....but sure ppl will ask "What is that ah??"

Dancing Queen - Hahahha.. I hope that I was never guilty of that CRIME!! Hahaha

MKSY - :-P "What's zis?"

ShoppingMum - Even if you don't put, ppl will say "Housewife, izit???"

V - Actually, I did have some namecards printed with "Minister of Home Affairs" for the fun of it. Some moms actually asked me what company/ embassy it's for!!!! Sei-mou?

Wen - Heheheh...later lah...I post.

Mott - Aiya...after ppl thing "tai-tai" = BIG BIG. How like that?? Hhaha
This one is the GOLDEN Jubilee..think you went to the 40 year old?

wmd - Photos out in FB..okay I go check. Good that you said that I didn't change..so I didn't go toooooo FAT FAT that you couldn't recognise me lah...

bp - Yeah. Yeah. Kids absolutely love to have grandparents dote on them!
Eh..actually, I 'm quite married to the house lah..am quite a homebody.

lzmommy - True. True. But ppl will always query and then remark "Housewife izit????"

Sting - Not any ordinary kuaci...only those from Pasar Malam!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker