Friday, August 29, 2008

Separate Bedrooms

I've had it.

I've had it with FINGER-POINTING, FIGHTS, ARGUMENTS etc. between the two boys.

The boys just got to be in separate bedrooms from now-on. I am hoping this arrangement will minimize their never-ending squabbles over everthing-under-the-sun.
For some time now, I have been suggesting to S1 that perhaps he wants to have his own room.
Each time, he would refuse.
Each time, I would just let it be.
I figured that when the right time comes (i.e. when he REALLY is a BIG boy, he would want to have his privacy to do his private stuff.....whatever that may be... :-P ), he'll ask for a room of his own. Beside, I thought this "brotherly togetherness" will foster better relationship between the two of them.

But I tell you, you cannot imagine the stress that I undergo ....with my daily/nightly screaming at them to stop this. Stop that. Do this. Do that. Don't do this. Don't do that. And each time, I would get the "NOT me. He did it" or whatever.

And this morning... I sort of nagged at S1 for being "tidak apa" over the pendrive that he needed for school today. And he retaliated! Waaaaaah. You should see his "wanna fight" face. Naturally, I scolded him. And then he just suddenly burst into tears....and then blamed on insufficient sleep which ........was caused by his brother (Of course! He's not going to blame himself) blah blah blah. This episode was not the first......Just so fed-up. Donno how many thousand times I've heard this. Just told him to sleep in a separate bedroom.
This time, he said "YES".

So there.... we shall try separate bedrooms for the boys from tonight!

8 comments:

bp said...

aiyoh, i'm going *nod*, *nod*, *nod* as i read your "live" account of how the brothers blame each other... my boys also like that, and the elder one wants his own room already. but there's not enough room to go around, so he and his didi will just have to do more sharing with each other!

tell us if the separate room works... meantime, you have a good weekend, NM!

sting said...

yes, I totally agree on the separate rooms.. this way they can't blame the other... hehe

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I shudder to think of what's to come with my 2 boys next time!

stay-at-home mum said...

Good luck! I had that same problem with my 2 older ones. Now they are in separate rooms the older still complains that the 2nd one keeps going to her room to cause trouble! Hope you have better luck with your arrangement.

Irene said...

haih. siblings! i used to remember, me & my bro, we will fight everyday, tak fight tak sleep. cialat! :(

Anonymous said...

AIYAYAYAAY!!

My dream is to let my boys have their own rooms! But that was shattered when I came here!! It wud've been perfect if 'someone' wasn't around!

I think I'll go gila if all three boys fight!!!!! I'll pack my bags and announce that "I AM RUNNING AWAY!!!"

WAKAKAKAKAAKAKAKAKAKAAKAKAK!!!

Leena said...

I think biasa la for sibling to fight all the time. Once they're a little mature, the fighting will eventually stop.

NomadicMom said...

bp - Errr...the boys are still in the SAME bedroom. Will explain in my next post.

Sting - But they'll still find ways of pointing fingers one lah...

Bryan's Mama - Brace Yourself!!

SAHM - Maybe us mommies should try meditating for our minds to "go far awwwwaaaaay" when our kids fight and blame each other. :-)

Irene - Why siblings must fight ah??

Mott - Actually..... I always tell my boys that I am so fed-up with their fighting/screaming etc that "I wanna run away liow"!!!

Shern's mom - Yeah. WHen they get married and live awaaaaaay from each other!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker