Thursday, August 14, 2008

Things we lugged back - Part 1

Here are some of the things that my boys and I lugged-back. As we were only allowed 45 kg (I took AirAsia, remember?), we had to hand-carry some stuff (i.e. books, photos, toy pressie) in our trolley bags.

Dad has a very good weighing scale...and before we went to the airport, I already saw that my bags were 47.5 kg. Actually, wanted to bring back H's 4 packets of Shokobutsu showergel (Errr...Yes. We do have it here...just that it's sooooo much more expensive than the Jusco Specials). Packed them in my laundrybag....thought I'll take a chance to see if I can get them through. Otherwise, they can be easily taken out. Sure enough...the check-in staff said that my luggage was 2 kgs overweight. As I didn't want to pay $$$ for showergel, I removed them. My luggage weight was right on the spot of 45 kg!

Boys were quite eager to be the Q-ers. So we were 2nd in the queue behind another very eager boy. :-) No. I didn't pay extra for Xpress Boarding. With my two Q-ers, NO NEED lah!

Stuff from Ikea....
Ice-Tray, Pillow Protectors and the customary Serviettes!
(Went with Laundryamah on the 1st day of sale. She buy. I follow and buy also lor!)
Cushions from Ikea
(Okay...this I really needed for my 4 terrace chairs. My current cushions are flat and mouldy!!)
Yummy Pork Bak-Kwa
(Some for us...some for a friend)
Some Scrapbooking Stuff
(Mainly stickers and page-refills. Find that albums are slightly cheaper here. I can get K&Company albums at about USD27)

Trolley-full of Old Photos to be Scrapped
(Photos in the bag weighed 13 kg!! This I had to hand-carry)

Two boxes of Tai Thong Mooncake
Some Cake Baking/Decorating Items
(Donno why I buy the Wilton Decorating Set ...I already have one set of a different brand. The vanilla essence is cheaper back in Malaysia. The other sprinkles...just buy for fun.)
IbuMie Har Mee
(Eh...this brand really very good lah. Taste almost like the real stuff from those hawker stalls!)
Pasar Malam Kuaci
(Aiyo...we set off to Bangsar Pasar Malam on Sunday after dinner with Dad, S2 and my MIL to hunt for the black kuaci. Was surprised that the pasar malam had shrunk. Not only that, could not find any kuaci! What did we do then? Dad drove all the way to the pasar malam at Paramount Garden to see if we could buy them. And yes we did. Told H (the majesty???) that we had to criss-cross KL/PJ to get his kuaci!!!!
Oh! Supermarket kuaci will NOT do! Apparently NOT good enough!
De-Tox Drinks!
(After all the non-stop gluttony, must detox!
Mom bought these from her friend. Apparently, can really sh*t all the mess out!!!)


Okay...that all for Part 1. Promise Part 2 will NOT have any more food stuff!!! Heehehe...

Actually, S1 lugged alot of books in his hand-carry trolley bag!

:-)

10 comments:

My Rantings said...

Our family also loves the Har Mee. What you can do is to add some prawns, kangkong, half a hard boiled egg & voila, you have an authentic bowl of prawn noodles! :D

laundryamah said...

aiya i oso forgot about mooncakes..too bz..should have given u those from yuk woo hin also..fresh ma..the factory next to my shop..

Anonymous said...

wah really a lot of food things u bought!!

mommy of 3 angels said...

wow!! got some more part 2...hahaha

your q-ers - save u some $$$

NomadicMom said...

Dancing Queen - That is indeed a good idea! I think I will try it one of these days. :-D YUM YUM

Laundryamah - Aiya...too late liow! Thanks for the belated thought though!

Wen - Could have bought more if I didn't fly via AirAsia! Heeee heee...

M3Angels - Part 2 mainly books lah...
And yes..the Q-ers certainly saved me some money!

slavemom said...

Ok, next grocery shopping trip, must go get this Ibumie har mee, since it's so highly recommended. :)
Wow... wat a hunt for kuaci. :D
Luckily din hv to pay for excess baggage, otherwise won't get that much savings anymore.

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

when will S1 and S2 start their school??

NomadicMom said...

Slavemom- Yes. Yes. Go get the Ibumie. I have to say it is pretty good!
Ya lor...was surprised that the Bangsar Pasar Malam so small liow...

Misha's Mum - They start school on Monday, the 25th of August. Misha started on the 19th?

Leena said...

So many stuffs there. Airasia very strict with their baggage policy one. Sometimes few hundred grams also want to kacau.

NomadicMom said...

shern's mom - alot of stuff meh?? Not that Much lah. :-)

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker