Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fuming Mad!

Fed-UP!
With whom?
My boys. Who else??
How do you get them to listen?????
I am just so tired of repeating myself. I am like a BROKEN RECORD that is going on and on and on. Everyday, there would be something that I need to reprimand over. As it is now, both of them are "GROUNDED", i.e. no TV nor computer...till end of this month.
Problem is that the school homework assignments require the use of the internet. Obviously I would have to give them access to the computer.
And what do I see when I do a spot check?
Behind the "homework" page, would be the online games page or email or facebook or whatever nonsense.

Permission is to be sought before the computer can be used. But no prizes for guessing whether they ask for permission prior to computer usage. I just don't understand. Is it so difficult to just ask?????
And I really hate it when they download all sorts of nonsense onto the computer...to the extend that it fouls out certain applications. S2 usually is the culprit. So much so that I had to bring the old DELL to be re-formatted as the whole hard drive was a real MESS!

And you know what? When I went to get something from my study room at 11-ish PM last night, I saw the computer was on. And what was on it? S2's Facebook page. I thought "Eh. The boys forgot to turn the computer off"...and then at the corner of my eye, I saw S2 trying a getaway or whatever he was doing. He actually sneaked out of his room to go on the computer.
No. 1 - He is supposed to be in bed....I tucked him into bed at 8.30 PM
No. 2 - He is NOT allowed the computer!
You say lah. ANGRY or not??

I hate doing it...but it seems that it is the only way. WATCH them like a HAWK!

9 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Looks like that is a common problem. I know EXACTLY how you feel. But we cant be watching them 100% of the time!! So frustrating!!

wenn said...

i had faced that kind of problems with my kids before. Don't be angry..just set up some rules..

Anonymous said...

maybe you can set up a password? so when they ask your permission to use the pc, you log in for them. and before they go to bed, make sure they log off. no?

D

Anonymous said...

and you can use Net Nanny or the equivalent, which can easily be disabled once the penalty time is over.

g

mott said...

i think i will just kill myself.

why do they think they won't get caught? do mothers look stupid ar?

sigh...

laundryamah said...

that's the thing about internet..v adults y i haven't introduced it to kieran yet...better not. yesterday i asked him to revise for his exam instead of watching tv but he went upstairs n played!!!

Dora said...

Boy is always naughty that's the nature, hehehe... Anyway, don't get mad & yeah why not set the password to the pc?

Big Pumpkin said...

:-)

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - You can say that again.

Wenn - My H has FORCED me to try another way.

D - H says they are BIG enough, and need to learn to be responsible.

G - There's a turn of events...will blog later

Mott - Maybe think I was born just yesterday!

Laundryamah - School has access to internet. Kids need internet to do research on their projects. Even some assignments are given through internet. How to NOT allow access?

Dora - Worse. They have the NOTTI genes from my hubby!

Big Pumpkin - :-P

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker