Sunday, October 11, 2009

Lots Happening...

Been really busy the last few days.


For one, I've been baking cupcakes. Go here, here, here and here.


Secondly, I had to go and inspect my teak furniture (dining table, S1's bed and chest of drawers). Ordered these about a month ago, and they were supposedly ready before the Raya holidays. When I went to inspect them then, they were not up to standard. Told them to re-do/correct them before I would accept the goods. With this recent inspection, I gave them the go-ahead to deliver yesterday.

With the impending delivery, I had to go out and hunt for a new mattress for S1. Had to decide whether to get a local brand or an imported one. At the end, I bought him a Slumberland...which was also delivered yesterday (Saturday). This morning, he said that he didn't sleep well as the mattress was too hard. He is just too used to the lousy cheapo foam Ikea mattress which didn't give him any support whatsoever.

And with the deliveries, there was a lot of re-arranging of furniture. I moved my existing dining table up to the study room....and now I have a "new" study table. The "old" study table moved down to the terrace. S1's old bed moved to the Study to be a pseudo-daybed (have to go out to buy some giant cushions to make it more daybed-like next week). S2's old bed out to the spare maid's room. Will post some pictures of the new additions later.


Been training the new maid (Yes. I have a live-in now. My part-timer) our regular recipes, routines, laundry etc etc... Hate it when they don't ask and proceed to do their way. And then end up with more chaos as we cannot find stuff!


Then there's my regular stuff like my painting class, scrapbooking group, gym visits, golf-driving....coupled with grocery shopping which I have to do more regular as I do not want to stuff the fridge with the recent frequent power cuts. It seems that a main transformer was burnt down while we were away, and the cuts will continue until they have it fixed. This is indeed a real bummer.


And then on Friday, H tells me that I have a Gala Dinner to attend. When?
Next Friday....the 16th!
I do NOT have anything to wear!!! Especially to a Gala. What do people wear to these things?
Dress code is Formal.
And ONE week left to prepare.
Bleah...
I've decided to just wear what I wore to my sister V's wedding last December. I will team it with a sparkly pair of shoes and bag....which I do not have. So off I went to look for them. Only managed to get a pair of shoes that was on SALE. As for the bag, looked at quite a few. The Rodo (Italian brand?) was like USD 1,000/- after sale. Then went to look at Gucci. Waliow! USD 2000/- for something that I would probably use once every FIVE years! No way that I was gonna get that!!
The cheap sparkly bags that cost around USD 30 - 50 just didn't look nice. Did see one.....which I thought was alright...but still cost about USD 110/-. Didn't get it yet. I will look around for a few more days... By Wednesday, if still can't find anything, will get that one lor...

4 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

I too have a "formal dinner" but on saturday,and am also looking for a bag, and cant find!! ARgh!! Those I like, are too expensive. MAy just end up carrying my old evening purse.

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

don't forget to take a photo of your sparkly emsemble ok!

laundryamah said...

i know exactly how u feel about evening bags....i did c one really gorgeous Gucci evening clutch at the florence warehouse last yr but after thinking that it's not going to be used so often, despite it being at a really good price..i still didnt get it....

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - ARGHHHHH...you can say that again!!!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - Posting posting..

Laundryamah - maybe you should have. Cause when you really need an evvening bag, you CANNOT find!!!!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker