Friday, October 23, 2009

Shouting and Nagging???

Remember my previous post about my boys??
Well. I donno how to describe BEYOND FED-UP.

This morning, I reminded S1 about his Saxophone lesson today. And he is to re-check the time so that he won't miss it. He thanked me for reminding him.
And guess what?
He did NOT bring his saxophone to school. So obviously did NOT go for the lesson.
When I queried him about it. He gave some stupid excuse about having some exam blah blah blah.
Stupid excuses to cover up his irresponsibilities.

Yesterday. I reminded S2 to pack his swimming gear for today. And asked him again this morning if he has packed his swimming gear. Answer was YES.
When he came home in the afternoon, I asked him if he went swimming today. He answered Yes. When I asked a few more questions. He was like err. ahh. I knew that he lied.
Then comes stupid excuses about NOT able to find goggles. No swimming cap blah blah blah.

What's with them?
I am really sooooooooooooooooo fed-up. I complained to H about HIS boys.
And he did give the boys an earful. Obviously -
Nudging gently doesn't work.
Nagging doesn't work.
Scolding doesn't work.
Screaming doesnt work.
So what works???

I don't know....
BUT I've been told to BACK-OFF by H for two weeks.
No Nagging.
No Scolding.
No Screaming.
Just tell ONCE and then leave it at that. Don't react. Just observe.
For two whole weeks.

Not only that. He told the boys that they could watch TV, Play games. Do whatever they want.
And what do I do?
Observe their level of responsibility.
Homework done?
Bags packed?
Things put away?

I really don't know how this works. But H is adamant that I do this. He says ALL my old ways obviously do NOT work. He said that I NAGGED too much and NOBODY pays attention to NAGGING... Sure I will be IGNORED. So NO NAGGING ever!

I am having problems coming to grips with this "arrangement". Well, they seem to be "behaving"so far this evening... as in doing what they are told. But that could be because H is the one that is doing the telling. But what happens when he travels for work?
H says I shouldn't REACT even if they do not do as they are told. Just observe....
Very very difficult to do.......

Wish me LUCK that I stay sane for the next two weeks....

13 comments:

Linda said...

I hate it when my mum nag about something that i am just about to do.. and it makes me reluctant to to it...
I hate it when my mum nag asking me to hurry up... and as a result.. i deleberately do it slower than usual...
I try not to nag to my kids.. because I noticed that it doesn't work after a while... :)

Big Pumpkin said...

Hehe....I agree with H. Look at it this way, you should just RELAX and get on doing your own thing and let the boys falter and pick up after themselves. They will learn soon enough.....don't do anything for them.

Big Pumpkin said...

I meant you GET to relax...if you can, hahaha....

stay-at-home mum said...

Tell me if it works. I have the SAME problem!

Sometimes i find when I i give them the silent treatment it works. Maybe H is right. But its so hard to just keep quiet!!

greedypig said...

hahahaha..........you sure you can tahan or not????

laundryamah said...

hahahaha...i too am so fed up with Kieran..that's why for a fact men needs women to help them!!!!

Anonymous said...

my hats off to you if you can tahan! hahaha

v

wenn said...

well..be patient..

MeRy said...

Thats kid...sometimes I do nag my son too because relly can't stand it.

NomadicMom said...

Linda - My mom complains that I NAG too much! Yeah. THink I must stop. I will stop. I just don't care liow...

MamaPumpkin - Yeah. Just walk away from now. Don't see. Don't care.

SAHM - I failed.

Greedypig - Cannot tahan lor. Shouted this morning liow. Also pinched S2 soooo many times! Fed-up!

Laundryamah - I don't wanna care liow.

V - Cannot tahan lor.

Wenn - No patience wor. How?

MeRy - Is it a boy thing? I can't compare with girls since NO girls wor...

DQ said...

I think your H should take over as Crash Test Mummy for the weekend.. then he'll know what it's like.

Same here, first I'd tell them nicely....ya ya...then if they forget, I have to go on nagging mode... after that, still cannot, I'd scream & shout & threaten "lei kar chut chow"! Really, why can't they just do things without being told! :(

mott said...

Hah.. I aso tried.

HOW HARD I TRIED!

I told you, isn't it?? THAT I NEED GOD TO GIVE ME GRACE, PATIENCE AND STRENGTH. EVERYSINGLEDAY!

EVERYSINGLEDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

NomadicMom said...

DQ - I also always say I wanna runaway. But they know we just talk only lah. The frustrating thing is that my hubby just have to tell them ONCE and they will do it. With me??? Aiyooooooo

Mott - Why can't we have ONE day whereby our kids behave like angels????

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker